Lilies 2010

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

serrada clump

Thumbnail by vossner

regular Easter lily. This is one I found almost dead in the middle of the street. I can't even imagine how somebody just threw it out right then and there. The litterbugs' loss was my gain. very fragrant. I don't know if this is the short one or if it is stunted for some reason. You can't see its height but it's about 12", a little flopped over from yesterday's torrents. This is its third season in my garden, so far the prettiest show

Thumbnail by vossner

Ivory Pixie, also rain beaten

Thumbnail by vossner
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They look so sad when wet

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

In my perfect world, it does not rain on peonies, lilies or dahlias. The lilies are the only ones with any resiliency.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Can I live there too?

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

In my perfect world it does not hit 90 F in May!!!

:-(

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

dmorth, congrats on such an early lily bloom - you are always so far ahead of the rest in your zone!

Nery, love the Brunello and the Serrada clump is spectacular. I love yellow and orange too. My newly planted (fall) LA's are blooming but all I have in bloom among the established lilies at this point are Asiatic "London" which always seems to be first.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Getting some serious buds on some now!!

Amen, Steve about what would be a perfect world, no 90s in may. This evening I walked past a lily that was so delicious smelling, I couldn't believe my nose. However, the FF is not very pretty. I will wait for a better bloom b4 I show off.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

zone envy

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

more zone envy. It would be nice if our summer growing season lasted 4-6 weeks longer.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

This maybe my very first 'Cancun' (?) for the season. 2nd after 'Lolipops' to bloom here in the South.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous flower and fantastic photo.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks pirl, hello to all. pirl how is your growing season coming along?

Lots of lilies but no flowers yet though the Siberian irises are blooming now and the Alliums that look so nice with the Columbines.

Thumbnail by pirl
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Down here, we're a tad earlier in the growing season. Clematis are cooling down, as Lilies and Hydrangeas begun to burst forth! Love your Columbines among the Alliums blooms.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lovely setting. :)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank Moby, I'm looking forward to seeing your lilies this season.

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Lily_love...Gorgeous pic! I love the pics that are so perfect they don't look real.

Our clematis are still going strong as we wait for the lilies. Omoshiro is, by far, my favorite.

Thumbnail by pirl
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow ~ it looks so delicate! You ought to put that pic in the PF.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats a beautiful Clem Pirl

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Well I got home from work this morning to find this beauty staring at me as I got down from the car and walk up the driveway. I think that this is my favorite lily soo far. Will take pictures again once it's fully opened.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awwww! 'Silk Road' I'd make that my fav. too. How beautiful!

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

And here is a side view. I just love the fringe of purple on the pollinia

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

sweeeeet

Thanks, Moby and Jo Ann. I have some Omoshiro already in Plant Files but just might add it.

Roly - lovely lily.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, Roly, that's spectacular!

I have been meaning to comment that Omoshiro is divine, and the pic of the allium and columbine is perfection. I'm gonna start a thread on color echoes, be sure and post that one there.

OK, I know this is tacky, but I was so impressed with this little lily that I had to post its FFO, even if it't been horribly munched on. I got this thru the PNWLS sale this spring and I am so happy I did. Other and better blooms should appear tomorrow. I just wanted to share how unusual it is, ugly and all. Oh, it's name is Tiny Padhye

This message was edited May 22, 2010 1:38 PM

Thumbnail by vossner

Dazzle, making its third year appearance. This is the very first one to open.

Thumbnail by vossner

Right next to my Dazzles I planted Nashville, which is so close in shade of yellow, almost indistinguishable, were it not for the freckles on Dazzle. This were from the Sunshine Bulb Company. A coop was done w/ this co but I purchased direct. Also got White Triumphator, which I think is coming up.

This message was edited May 20, 2010 3:10 PM

Thumbnail by vossner

More Nashvilles with my one of my fave roses Carefree Sunshine.

Thumbnail by vossner

I think this is Garden Party

Thumbnail by vossner

Poor Tiny Padhue. Is it a bug that munches on it?

Beautiful lilies, Nery.

here are some more Nashvilles with rosa Home Run, shasta Becky and glamini Tom. Lilium Red Dutch should be coming out to play pretty soon

Thumbnail by vossner
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice lilies, even poor Tiny Padhe. and your other garden pretties are nice too. Good thing we have you southerners around here to keep us content until our season gets into full swing.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Vossner.
I will look into Glade for next year. I was never over the top about them because my grandmother planted them in rows(boreing) They always flopped ,.Maybe I'll look for a shorther variety.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The Glaminis are really nice. Short ones. I put some in Jennas cutting garden along with some tall ones I got from Ednie. Now I need to get some Babys Breath.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Wonderful lilies you've posted Nery, Roly! And Nery i love the red glads. I have some that keep coming back every year but like ge mine tend to flop/fall over and look ratty so I have not planted many of them. Yours look terrific. I will also have to seek outshorter varieties.

I have lots of "London" in front blooming and LA's are just starting to open. This pic is from a couple days ago.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.