Kids say the darndest things

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am constantly amazed at the things that my kids say.
They just crack me up sometimes.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

So am I, they scare me! (lol)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My daughter was sitting on my hubby's lap and he says "you're the apple of my eye" my daughter replies "no, I'm the apple of mommy's eye" Hubby asks "why can't you be the apple of my eye?" daughter replies as serious as can be "because you're a knucklehead"

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Ouch!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It was sooooo funny and totally hubby's fault she knows that word so that makes it even funnier. She's 3.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

sounds like mommy has been talking and daughter has been listening:)

Thomaston, CT

Too funny! My grandkids are funny, too....the 5 year old defends her father (my son) constantly...he had cut down a lot of trees in the back of the house, & I worried about the wildflowers, knowing how much HayHay loves them...but no, she said "MY daddy knows just how many to cut down." Then she took some goldenrod, all dried up, & began scattering seeds in the lawn!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

now that is more like robin!

Thomaston, CT

Yeah, she's a pistol.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

My little guy comes up with some great ones. I'll have to try to remember them.

He still calls headphones, 'earmuffs'. Used to call them 'muffins'.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My 4 and 1/2 year old GD used the word apparently talking about her almost 3 year old sister..."Apparently Luci is sneaking out of bed" I wondered how a four year old would even know that word! LOL

Thomaston, CT

Smart!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Colin told me the other day that his breathing was sick - he has a cold!! For someone who couldn't talk 18 months ago he certainly communicated his thoughts. Eleanor

Thomaston, CT

Glad to hear that! My grandson is slow talking, but he's in to everything he shouldn't be!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Got a box from UPS today with my son's name on it(his gym uniforms for school) he was so excited, used his sword he got in Disney to open the box...he gets it open and sees what's inside and says......
"oh crap, I wanted Zurg!"

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

There's a news radio station here in NYC that DH used to listen to a lot. The station motto is "You give us 22 minutes, we'll give you the world". So, one day, my son, who was six at the time, was very angry at me and said he was going to run away. I asked what would he live on? He replied in all seriousness, "I'm going to W-I-N-S and I'm going to give them 22 minutes and they're going to GIVE ME THE WORLD!!!"

Good one!

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Love to read this stuff. My youngest grandson (3 yrs old) is NOT allowed to tell me "no" when I babysit (per his father), so when I told him that we would go up to bathe, he told me "That's for later".

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Clever kid

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol

My little guy is making his first communion in a few weeks. At the practice the other day, one of his classmates said he was afraid of 'that scary guy on the cross'!!

Thomaston, CT

Gosh, kids notice everything, don't they? I took 3yr old Anni to the fairy cave in our library. Five year old HayHay asked me what she played with...I said, "Doll furniture" And HayHay said, "I'll bet she just lined them up in a row, & when you do that, there's not much left to do". Analyzing her sister already!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Today my daughter said to me "Mommy you're my bestest friend"

Cute!

Thomaston, CT

How sweet!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Aww!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Melted your heart, I'm sure.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Definitely!

my dd and sil were talking about my broken wrist in the presence of my 3 yr old grandson. i got a late phone call one night and was told that little james insisted on talking to me. he asked "are you all broken!!!!??? can you move at all?? in a very worried tone. he was able to fall asleep easily after he had all the not so disastrous facts. of course he wanted to know why i didn't have a mommy to take care of me while i'm not feeling well. that became another story. time for the meds that will put me out of agony and into lala land.

Thomaston, CT

He's a smart one!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

AWWW, he just needed reassurance from the source.

My niece's kids call my mom 'Breakable Grandmom' cuz of her osteoporsis and lots of broken bones.

Hope you are feeling better.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Awww that's sweet Teri.

At the party for my nephew's HS graduation, my little guy had a classic moment. Many of my SIL's family are Baptists. So at most large family gatherings a prayer is said. So everyone held hands and one of the aunts, who is a pastor, gave a nice prayer. Not a quick prayer - one that went on for a few minutes. After finishing, and everyone saying 'Amen', my little one - three at the time - said (not to quietly), 'Wow, that was a great story!'

Much laughter followed.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cute!!!

Thomaston, CT

Perceptive!

kid's like him see things from a wonderful and fresh perspective and that's why their presence is so delightful!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I know, I love how kids minds work.

I've posted this before, but it's funny so will post again.
My 2 year old niece asked her mom while she was changing her baby brother, "what does Bert have up front?" My sister told her the correct anatomical term. Later her older brother came into the room and she asked him "what do you have up front?" And before he could answer, she went on
"you have a peanuts. But you can't eat them, they're fake. It's not good."

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

That's funny!!

I agree Teri, we should all have the honesty and fresh perspective of children, it's a shame some adults lose it.

Hee hee!

Thomaston, CT

Oh, cute, Debi!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.