My mom doesn't have medicare part B

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My mother retired at 65. She is now 76 and I have just discovered she doesn't have medicare part B, only part A. She is in mid to late stage Alzheimer's. I have been paying for doctor visits and now a lab. How do I get her on part B? I thought she would have automatically have been put on it when she was put on part A. Any advice, help, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Also she is becoming a danger to herself I think. Yesterday she walked off down the driveway and over to the neighbor's. It is a fairly long walk. She has never done such a thing. I was gettting ready to go get her but then saw she was coming back on her own. When she doesn't get what she wants she threatens to trash the house.
I have to leave her at times to go into town. I am afraid of what might happen. The other night she put on a pot of potatoes. She put them on a burner that didn't work and turned on the burner that did. I'm starting to get a little worried.
This Alzheimer's thing came on fast. In the space of about 4 weeks she has become an entirely different person and has practically no sense of reality.
I am 54 and we live together. I have no other regular help with her.

This thread has 179 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!