Spring Roundup 2010

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

This year's Spring Roundup is gonna be held at Cosmo Park in Colombia, Missouri. The shelter house we will be using is Dexheimer, which is the 3rd shelter. It is close to restrooms and has ample parking and 2 bbq grills for cooking. I think it has electricity too but I will double check on that.

Here is a link for the shelter: http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/Parks/Cosmo_Park/cosmoparkshelters.php#dexheimer

Plans are still in the works for the fun activites so please post any ideas you have here. We are open to suggestions and will look into them.

If you have any questions about anything post here or dmail me or allanme79 who is helping me with this. When we have something planned I will post it here in this post so that you don't have to scroll thru all the posts to find all the info.

Also if you are coming please post in this thread so that we can make sure we have enough food for everyone. I will also put your name on this post so we don't have to scroll so much to find the names.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010 11:23 AM

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010 11:30 AM

Saving for listing plans and names to make it easier to sort out.

Attending or hoping to attend

lineace
leaflady
happgarden
ImaMes

This message was edited May 27, 2010 7:57 PM

I just checked on reserving the Shelter at the park. It will cost $42 to rent it for the day. Do you guys still want to reserve it or try somewhere else? Here is the link to the prices to the shelters at that park.

http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/Shelters/index.php#shelterprice

I need to know pretty quickly and if we are gonna rent it I will need people to chip in. We have only 2 months til the RU and we need to get cracking on the details. So if you are planning or even just hoping to try and come please post in this thread so I can get a list going.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Surely there are free shelters in this town?

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

I would be willing to chip in for the shelter.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I don't mind either.

Ok, thanks.

I was gonna call on the shelter tomorrow since it's my day off but I just found out tonight that or family reuion has been pushed up to June 13th so I will not make it to the RoundUp. I will be busy with setting up for it that Saturday and honestly don't think I can do both.

I can continue to help some with planning but since I won't be there I need someone else to put the shelter in their name. Here is the number for the park administrator to reserve it. 1-573-874-7460

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I will chip in on the shelter if that is where everyone wants to meet.

rural Hughesville, MO(Zone 5b)

I will be glad to chip in for the shelter fee.
Hopefully EvaMae and I will be attending - bringing some plants, food, a few door prizes, and big smiles!

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

We don't have to pay for one but if somebody reserves the site then we may have to move. But I doubt that anyone reserves the place.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Is the RU going to happen? I can't make it and neither can pepper is anyone else going?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I'm not going there because of my health... (too hot for drive.)

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

I was planning to go and bring a friend. Who else is going?

EvaMae and Lineace were planning on going. After that in the beginning a few mentioned they might but I don't remember seeing more posts so I'm not sure. It's also gonna be in the 90s this weekend so keep that in mind. Humid too.

I am up in the air my Mother had eye surgery today and not doing too well. I had planned on going but......

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Well it is Thursday and from the looks of it maybe we better postpone the RU as there are only 2-3 people coming to Columbia. Anyone opposed?

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

I think postponing it would be a good idea.

It is not looking good for me coming either. My Mom is doing better but I am still staying evening with her.
I don't think the weather is wanting to cooperate either altho it is too early to tell that.

Spring RU cancelled, Fall RU will soon be in planning stages. That will be the next RU. If you have any particular place in mind for the RU let me know. I can even ask my grandma if she wants it at her place again though I'm trying to let other places shine. :~)

Cross fingers and toes and hope that the temps are bearable next time.

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

Maybe we could try Columbia again since it didn't work out for the Spring RU. Just a suggestion.

I'm all ears for suggestions. :~)

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just thinking it's the best day in September not October if weather is good...

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I like the idea of Sept also.

I will try to schedule it for Sept then. At the lastest I will go into the second weekend of October but hopefully we can get Sept to work.

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

September sounds good to me, too.

sept sounds good to me....

that will give time to get plants in the ground before winter.

Ok, I have a couple other things going on that month that will require me taking off work on a Saturday a couple times. I have a walk to fight heart disease on the 25th and my neice's birthday is on the 11th and her party is also. The party is in Des Moines, IA.

I will try to get off for the RU whatever weekend it's held but may not get it. I will plan it and hope that I can make it.

Dates in Sept and October. All dates are on a Saturday.

Sept 4th
Sept 11th
Sept 18th
Sept 25th
Oct 2nd
Oct 9th

Please pick the date you would like to have it. Once that's picked I will go ahead and start a new Fall RU thread.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

This message was edited Jul 1, 2010 7:10 AM

Sept 4 is a holiday weekend.
Otherwise I don't care.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

18th I think will work for me. I usually have army stuff the first or second weekend.

Ok, I would like more input before I make any final decisions on dates. Since the 4th is a holiday weekend we can eliminate that but the rest are still open. Allan thinks the 18th will work for him. Any opinions on this? I need a date picked pretty quick since August is around the corner.

18th sounds good to me.

Ok, I will post a new thread making the RU on the 18th. I waited til now to give time for more input. New thread coming up so check forum after this!!

New Fall RU thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1118174/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.