CLOSED: HAVE FOR SASE: Fragrant and Butterfly/Hummingbird Seeds

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I have an abundance of seeds that were collected from my gardens in 2009. Most of these seeds are either fragrant or attract hummingbirds and butterflies. I'd like to share with a few people who are interested in providing a habitat for the winged critters. I can handle 5 US residents at this time.

You'll get the following packs of seeds and maybe others not listed here. If you have a want list on your trade page, I'll check it and see if I have something special that you're looking for too.

Amaranthus Oeschberg - Upright Love Lies Bleeding (pictured below - 7 magnificent feet tall!!)
Four Oclocks - Fuscia
Four Oclocks - Yellow
Hyacinth Bean Vine - Purple
Gateway Joe Pye Weed
Hibiscus Coccineus - Texas Star Hibiscus
Hollyhocks - my choice of variety
Vitex - Pink Chaste Tree
Maybe others when I see what's left.

The seeds are already packaged in 2 x 3 ziplock baggies and labeled.

To participate, please respect my time and follow these guidelines EXACTLY. I offer SASEs frequently and this is what is convenient for me. When filling SASEs becomes a hassle for me, I'll stop doing it. Any SASEs that do not follow these guidelines to a T will not be honored:

1. Post here if you want these seeds for SASE.

2. When I approve you, get a small bubble mailer, about 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 or something similar. No envelopes with bubble wrap stuck in them. No mailers that are padded with paper or cardboard as these cost more in postage to send. You can cut a large bubble mailer in half if need be and send me one half. You can also recycle a bubble mailer that you've received; you do not have to have a brand new bubble mailer. Address your mailer to me. I'll email you my addy.

3. Inside the bubble mailer, include the following items:

a. Adhesive Address label with your name and address. MUST be adhesive; I won't tape anything on. Make sure your label will cover my address on the outside of the mailer. Please don't stick your address label under my address with instructions for me to peel my address off to reveal yours. Almost always when I do this, I rip your address off too and then I have to make a new label. Just put your label inside the bubble mailer.

b. A note letting me know your member name and that you're responding to my SASE offer.

c. At least 10 small ziplock baggies, at least 2 in. x 3 inch to replace the ones I've already packed your seeds in. Do NOT send ziplocks any smaller than this; due to arthritis, I cannot get them opened. (Please, no sandwich bags (too big and bulky) and no homemade seed envelopes (tiny seeds fall out of these.)

d. 5 first class postage stamps (I'm not sure how much exact postage will be, but I won't refund the difference as it will only be a few cents. I'm NOT selling these seeds. Where else could you get several generous packs of seeds for about $2 for shipping?) Do NOT send a metered postage label instead of stamps.

4. Mail the bubble mailer to me so that I have it before April 10, 2009. Any mailers received after this date will not be honored.

5. If you do not want to get a bubble mailer and ziplocks, you can send me $3 in cash or the equivalent in first class postage stamps along with an adhesive address label with your address on it in a regular envelope, and I'll provide the bubble mailer, ziplocks, and postage.

6. Be patient. Don't email me daily asking if I've mailed your seeds yet. I will mail all seeds by April 17, after I've received all bubble mailers. I'll try to remember to post here when I've mailed. Allow another week or two for them to arrive.

When I receive your bubble mailer, I'll recycle it, putting your address label over my address on the mailer. I'll fill your mailer with your seeds and send it back to you so you can reuse it.

Because I have an abundance of some of these seeds, I'll try to give you enough that you can grow some and trade some. Each of these were gathered from my own gardens and meticulously labeled. So they ARE what I say they are, no surprises. So you can trade them with confidence.

OK, this offer is now OPEN. Single file line starts here ------>

NancyAnn

This message was edited Mar 27, 2010 7:10 PM

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Jasper, TX

I would like to get some of your seeds.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi jggardner,

I'll dmail you my addy. If you'll set up your trade list with some of your wants, I can check my private stash and see if I have anything you're particularly interested in, or if you just want to dmail me a wish list, I might have something special you want.

NancyAnn

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Nancy Ann that armarath is just beautiful. so I am in as hubby wants some holly hocks. never grown them before so hope i dont kill them. hehe

King, NC(Zone 7a)

Hello, I am interested in some seeds! I will dmail you a wish list.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

All right, you two make 3. I'll dmail you my address.

NancyAnn

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

NancyAnn,
I would love to have some of these seeds. None of my info on DG is current. As far as a wish list for me...I'd be happy with anything you could put in a cottage garden (nearly anything!!) or veggies...if I can't use it I'll trade it. Thank you so much for sharing, it means a lot. I'm restarting my gardens after a divorce and although I'm not starting from scratch every bit sure helps. I'm also finding that the flowers and seeds that were given to me mean so, so much more than those I 'merely' purchased (even if they were expensive ones!)
Thanks again for your generosity,
Heather

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Heather, I'll be happy to share. I'll send you a dmail with my addy.

NancyAnn

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I can accept one more person. So if interested, post here in the next day or two.

NancyAnn

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm interested.... Did I make it in in time?

Louanne

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Yes, Louanne, you make #5. (We Anns have to stick together, ya know!) I'll send you a dmail.

NancyAnn

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'll mark this closed now. All the seeds have been claimed. Hope you guys enjoy growing them.

NancyAnn

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

my sase will go out tommorow monday at the latest. everything is ready to go but the addy labels. cant find them so have to pick up some.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

JgGardener, Hummerlou, heatherrjoy, and fiesta216, I've received your SASEs and have them packed and ready to go. I'll probably go to the P.O. on Wed, so y'all should have them later in the week or next week.

Happy Gardening!

NancyAnn

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks NancyAnn! Can't wait to get the seeds and start them!

Jasper, TX

I receined my seeds today. Thank you sooooo much.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Imzadi, I received your SASE today and have it packed. Next time I go to the P.O., I'll put it in the mail. It will probably be next week before I get back to the P.O. (I was just there this morning)

I think that wraps up this offer. Everyone else's SASEs have been mailed.

Y'all enjoy your new gardens.

NancyAnn

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks NancyAnn!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.