My DREAM HOUSE

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

DAY 1 OF BUILDING THE FRAME ON MAR 17th

I was told I should come here & Share with others About My 1st Mini Green House 1st off Let me just say if it was Not For a
WONDERFUL Brother It Would Not Have Been Very Easy For me :)) & Winning a BINGO Jackpot:)

I Took My Measurements to the Lumber yard For all the Material Here was the total .
NOTE : Menards Would have been cheaper for me If I had Not Been so Impulsive & Made the 30 mile trip.
Menards would have Been $176.00

1- 5 lb box p/p exterior screws 3" 30.00
30 2x4x8' treated 110.00
4 2x8 8' #2 treated 25.16
4 4x 4 8' #2 treated 30.36
poly film clr 15'x25' roll 17.49
total 225.79

this is an 8x8 But Plenty for me to get started with :) Here we started by laying out the forms
2x8x8 .

then we leveled & screwed in our 4x4x8 into each cornor next pic

This message was edited Mar 26, 2010 4:40 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

framework was all done within 4 hrs . but I didnot get picture of it till we had laid the carpet & put my tools away in my buckets :) but here is the Side view i think .

yes i had some old carpet so took it to help keep grass from growing :) .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Day 2 Mar 18 th we Built In All the SHELVES Or Tanning Beds :)))

Here is my Brother hard at work .

Thumbnail by deejay9

We had a few days of bad weather so my Roofing & Plastic Didn't get Put on till Mar 23 rd
the Roofing was another extra $120. But feel it will be worth the investment .
here is the side & front View .

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is the Back View In witch the Hose will be added Soon , & Also have the Door to put on yet Before I Can call it Finished :)
will try to keep you all posted .

Thumbnail by deejay9
columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow great project, I too am jealous. thanks for sharing.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I always heard,"When I win the Lottery". Now I know someone actually did.
Nice job!
We put the fiberglass on our original greenhouse. It turned yellow but lasted about 15 years. The way you have yours built, you could add it to the sides, too.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie

Yes Bernie if I was to buy maybe 2 sheet a month :) I need about 11 sheets to reach around . Its about $30.a sheet here maybe if i find some slightly used , that would be nice :) .

I Can say this will never blow over :))) .
have a great day everyone & TY All

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Susie, I am so excited for you! I cannot imagine what things you wil be growing now that you have a greenhouse. I want a greenhouse inside my house! LoL

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

It's cute as a button! Can't wait to see it full and lush and green and and and...
Can you hang baskets in it too? Looks like you accounted for that idea with the metal rod and eye-screws.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

So glad you posted, it is just so nice.

Suggestion, I had a small greenhouse years and years ago, and DH hung a metal pipe the distance of the greenhouse for me to hang pots from. I ended up with two pipes since it was wide enought and gave me an amazing amount of plant hanging space.

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

You're so lucky to have a wonderful & talented brother! Great job. It should give you hours of enjoyment.
Pam

Thank you all yes I Know I will love it Once I get My Brother 's Tools out of it :)))) Hehe

Ok Here is the start of the new Barn For Daisy to Raise Her Babies :))) Hope to have it done this weekend :)))
But That may Not happen if My Brother has another Job :) He works me in btw JOBS :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9
Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

How exciting! Looks great!

thank you it is a fun project hope to get back at it today .
have a great weekend .
susie

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just stopped by to check out the progress. Lookin good.

well here is what we got done on saturday this is going to be my Turkey Pen when it is finished :)

1st hr

Thumbnail by deejay9

1/2 hr later

Thumbnail by deejay9

hr 2 1/2

Thumbnail by deejay9

End of the Day 5 pm Didn't finish but the ducks liked it :) So looks as i will have to build them one at this end :) .
Forgive the mess the guys do not know how to stack anything. & Once this is done it will be nice .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

can I borrow your brother when I build mine????...lol.. looks great! wishing you many happy hrs puttering in it

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Looks great Susie, they will love it. I had geese who stayed in our dog pen and laid eggs in the igloo dog house....dog never used it so the geese became real "squaters".

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

How exciting for you! I love the GH, I'll bet he could start a business.

Just a new Up-date on the barn just have to get the siding on this side the barn & The door put in then get it painted . wish I could spend more time here tonight but Its about that time to help my dad get ready for bed .
97 yrs old he dose pretty good for his age I Just have to lay things out for him .

you all have a great evening back in the morning .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.