Any humming birds in our area yet?

Adairsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I've had my feeder up a week, but haven't seen any hummers yet. Aren't they usually here by this time of year?

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

ladybug -I am way down South GA, & haven't seen one yet, either. I have had feeders up for 3 weeks, my Red Buckeye is blooming, & my perennial sage is about to. ???? Maybe they know something we don't!! Samantha

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

We saw our first in Thomasville yesterday!

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Yep, me, too! Funny - my perennial sage, which is my sure-fire predictor of Hummingbird arrivals just bloomed on Friday!! Hooray!!!

Adairsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Woo hoo! This should mean they are on their way to my area. I was getting worried! Thanks for the update zone 8b-ers.

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

B.O.L.O., ladybug!!!

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

The Hummer tracker at http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html is showing that they've started moving through already, though I haven't seen any either.

I think the bulk of them usually follow this map by a couple of weeks, so the first week or so of April in my area :)

Adairsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the update deannaj! I haven't seen any yet. I'll check out the website! Let me know when they arrive in your area.

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

I will. I've had my feeder out for a week or so, but haven't seen any yet. Hopefully soon!

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I've noticed there seems to have been a back up of birds down on the coast. Birds that should be headed north were hanging around for a couple of weeks waiting for the weather???? Robins in particular. Not sure how they would know what the weather is a head of them but they did seem to stop where they really shouldn't be.

I'm basically in Savannah and I haven't seen any yet.

Waycross, GA(Zone 8a)

Just had my first one come up and give me a dirty look because I had not cleaned and filled the feeders. Shame on me! Now I hope he/she will come back soon. l'm in Jesup, about an hour from Savannah.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Our first sighting has been as late as April 15. I have my feeder up, but no customers yet. I usually buy red annual salvia to put out in pots as a further 'flag' for them, but forgot.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Saw one this evening. They're appearing down my way.

Adairsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Finally! I saw my first hummer of the year! They are definately running late this year!

Moultrie, GA(Zone 8a)

I saw four hummingbirds frolicking around our trees, today!

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Our first hummer on April 6. Marvelous little things.

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

My mom saw one in Waleska this weekend.... I haven't seen any yet, but I should soon :)

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Saw the first one here on April 7. Have had at least one each day since.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

We have at least 2 males and at least 1 female- the female arrived within the last week. The courtship is on, lots of flight displays by the male and last night we got to watch to female at the feeder while the male did his courtship flight about a foot away from her

I wanted to tell her that once she gives in he may chase her away from the same feeder the rest of the year....

Adairsville, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL, Plantnut! Too true!

I've seen one a couple times, but not as many as usual this time of year. I don't think this hummer is one of my regulars from years past; it's too timid and zips away as soon as it sees me.

Blackshear, GA

I have two, the male arrived about 2 weeks ago and I saw the female for the first time yesterday! I hope I have more this year, only two last year. My mom lives about 15 miles from me and she has 20-30 every year fighting over her 8 feeders every day.

Adairsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Finally saw a hummer who stayed a while on Thursday. He visited every feeder and every flowering plant, taking stock of the whole yard. I hope to see more this weekend. (If the rain ever lets up)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.