Replace Carolinia Jasmine?

(Zone 7a)

I had Carolina Jasmine behind my pond, and in a corner next to the brick wall of my house. It got black fungus on it, I cut it back to the ground to get rid of the fungus, but it isn't going to come back. What would be good to replace it with, this area gets afternoon sun? The Jasmine was green all year long, is their something else that is evergreen and has flowers? I would apprecite all the help I can get. Landscapers planted the jasmine. Thanks K

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Coral honeysuckle retains its leaves here in zone 8b and blooms year-round. The added bonus is that hummingbirds love it.

(Zone 7a)

I think my area would be too cold for that plant. I am in southern Tennessee zone 7. Thanks for the info Kay. Katherine

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

No, it will do fine. Do a google search for trumpet honeysuckle and read up on it.

(Zone 7a)

I have some Vinca Major that in sun now, I have been think about this. I don't know how well it will climb, I have some trellis I think I could train it. My husband doesn't like the idea because it can be so invasive, but I think I can keep it under control. I had some trouble even with the carolina Jasmine leaves falling in the pond, I didn't keep it trimed as I should but I was new to this. This would be right behind my pond and I'm afraid if I have something that produces flowers, I really will have a problem with the blooms falling in the pond. I appreciate your info and I will check up on the trumpet honeysuckle. Thanks Katherine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.