Hybiscus Seeds

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

I have a ton of seeds
Will send them for nothigh
Send D Mial

Tubby

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Which kind of hibiscus seeds do you have? I would be interested. You have dmail :)

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

My double peach hibiscus is covered with blooms pretty much year-round, except in the middle of summer. However, I have never seen it produce seeds. What is your secret?

Thanks.
Sylvain.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Lourspolaire

I need your addess
Where do you go

Tubby

My addy will be leaving by D-mail shortly. Would like a SASE?

Thanks.
Sylvain.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm interested too, you have Dmail

Orangeburg, SC

I am interested in some seeds too. Please let me know what you have.

Jasper, TX

I sent Dmail about Hibiscus seeds and I have not gotten any response.
I am wondering if anyone has any info.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Lourspolaire

I just need your address ........... Everyone else taken care of.........

Tubby

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you so much for the seeds Tubby, it was very generous of you. Could you tell what colors are the flowers and how tall they grow? Thanks again and happy gardening!

Orangeburg, SC

Thanks Tubby for your generosity. I received my seeds in the mail. I too would like to know more about what color(s) to expect from the blooms and the plant size(es). Happy Gardening!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

me please and thank you my addy in exchange

I may have seeds in the mail? I'll go check my mailbox tomorrow. I don't go every day.
Sylvain.

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Got my seeds!! Yea!! Thank you. Could you please post a link to plant files on which Hibiscus this is?

Thank you again,
Steph

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Hi ALL

I still have a bunch of seeds...............
Plenty to pass on..................................

Tubby

I have received the hibiscus seeds you sent me. My cup runneth over, literally. Thank you so much. May I reciprocate by offering you lotus (nelumbo nucifera) seeds?

Take care.
Sylvain.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

lourspalaire

That would be fine

Tubby

Please D-mail me your address. I seem to have lost the envelope with the return address.

Sorry about that.
Sylvain

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Tubbytee,

I received a huge package of hib seeds from you today. I don't remember our having a trade or my asking for these, so they must be a very generous gift. Thank you very much! I'll see if I can get some started. I'll freeze them for a couple of weeks first to aid in germination.

Thank you very much for sharing your garden with us.

NancyAnn

We should freeze them? Won't that kill them? I am new at germinating hibiscus seeds and notoriously inept at starting anything from seeds. Please advise.

Thanks.
Sylvain.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Lourspolarie

OK I will..........

Tubby

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much for the seeds Tubby! I remember you posting a picture of your Hibiscus a while ago somewhere and they were just gorgeous!

Kelly

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Freezing perennial seeds won't kill them. In fact, it helps with germination. Always take your cues from Mother Nature. She throws the seeds out in the fall and beats them down with rain and snow. She freezes them and then thaws them in the spring, warms them up and they germinate.

Any seeds in the malvacea family (hollyhocks, hibiscus, malva, okra) are prone to weevils. You may not even see them when you gather the seeds, but their eggs will hatch out and devour the seeds before you even notice. It's always best to freeze these seeds as soon as they dry to kill any of the bugs and their larva. Mine are usually in the freezer all winter until ready to sow.

NancyAnn

Orangeburg, SC

Wow, thanks for the info. I never thought about that. In the freezer mine go.

Deborah

Chippewa Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

WOW! Thanks Tubby! Got mine today, the maillady about fell over with the weight of the envy you sent. LOL!
You are more than generous!

What a great spring gift. Thanks again!

Center, TX

Hey Tubby, Do you have any hib seeds this year? I am interested in any doubles or solid whites. D-mail me with info and maybe we can trade or I will send postage. Thanks, Alda

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

Hey Tubby, do you still have any seeds left? If so please D-mail me with info.
Thanks,
Michelle

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

The forget me not picture signifies that Tubby has passed. She blessed many with her generousity during her lifetime.

Tubby was a he and you are right he blessed many people with his wit, caring and very sharing heart.

Center, TX

Hi all, I am so sorry to hear about Tubby. He spread his love of flowers all over the country. He will be missed. Alda

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.