Any idea what this is?

London, United Kingdom

This plant was labelled just as "Salvia" in Mexico. I am pretty sure that it is not a Salvia, but does anyone have any idea what is could be? Trying to find out more details such as height and flower size.

Thumbnail by 2salvia
Keaau, HI

Robin, could it be Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender'.....that's my best guess....do you have a photo of the foliage?

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I don't believe my Mona Lavender looks like that....

London, United Kingdom

Well, yes, it could be Plectranthus...BUT I need the details of the flower size. I had Mona Lavender in flower all winter, now, typically...no more flowers!!!!

Will keep in touch re this plant! (But what was it doing in cental Mexico???)

London, United Kingdom

Many thanks.....think that Mona Lavender may be correct...a wonderful plant! Hope to receive flower dimensions soon, and more details.

Sorry that this not Salvia-related....but this is a stunning plant.....as are so many other of the Plectranthus family....most of which are hopeless to grow in the UK....exception is Plectranthus neochilus (may have spelt this incorrectly)...this is succulent, wonderful lilac-blue flowers, drought-proof, and just sensational in a raised basket, flowers all summer.

Candor, NC

I agree with Mona Lavender. The shadows make it hard to discern what the foliage colors are.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Lovely!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I have Mona Lavender but mine has not flowered,but I'm looking forward to it now. I have quite a few plectranthus and especially like variegated plectranthus barbatus .

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I was thinking Mona Lavender too...Mine flowered profusely till we had our freezes...and there's a little of it still standing so I hope it comes back full force!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I have those plants, they bloomed in the basement nursery for two more months, then they went bloomless, now they are back outside, they look just like that and they are tagged as plectranthus Mona Lavender. They are still leafed, and will be blooming before the end of june. I also over wintered my other slavias, and they are now outside already budding with new growth.. the ones that don't last in my zone anyway ( zone 5)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.