Daffodils not damaged by water

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

I read several post expressing concern that the excessive rainfall for the past few months would harm daffodils, especially if they were in areas not well drained. Mine all are; so I figured "Oh, well, bye! bye!"

I have never had such beautiful displays of blossoms. The foliage is lush, the blooms enormous!! I have planned for 2 years to relocate clumps and decide to move these clumps about 10 days ago; this photo is taken after a heavy rain storm last night. They look as if they have been here for years, don't they?

Thumbnail by gessieviolet
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I agree and have found that plants that didn't freeze are looking prettier than ever. It seems good things do happen after a bad winter. :-)

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Everything is running so late this year .. the Flower Town Festival is this weekend in Summerville and the azaleas haven't really started blooming yet! Usually by this time of year they are past their peak!

X

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

I've been wondering about my azaleas too, last year they were in full bloom by now. I haven't seen a single flower yet this year.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Ah! The azaleas. The Azalea Festival is in two weeks here and I'm sure they people putting it on are getting concerned! All the buds I've seen are still very tight.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.