March 21st, 2010: Apricot Vine (Passiflora incarnata) by dawndoll2

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for March 21st, 2010 was Apricot Vine (Passiflora incarnata).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2010-03-21

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love this flower, so unique! I've been growing one for a year now but it's never bloomed. :(

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

pretty!!... can't wait to see if my maypop comes back or not this year... but I did grow a few more from seed ... just in case

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I can still remember the first time I saw a passion flower. We had recently moved from Boston to California (31 years ago) and we were at flea market in Alameda. Of course I found the stall that had plants. Another lady had already found it first and was looking at a passion flower. I had no clue what it was. I had never seen anything so beautiful!

They only had 1 of them and I was sure that there was only one in this world of something so beautiful. I stood there praying she would not buy it so I could. I was desperate for it. I was so focused on it that I did not notice a guy had pulled a knife next to me and was lunging at another guy. My husband grabbed me hard and just pulled me away. I was so shocked! LOL.

So may years later, I still get a thrill when I see one especially one as pretty as the one in this picture.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

what a story... amazing how we can have blinders on to try and get what we want.. glad all was fine

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Kell, the thumbnail cracks me up because it like like a grinning bloom.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

All these years later my husband still saves me on a regular basis. LOL! My true love!

Hi Sue. You must be in a great mood to see a grin there! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.