Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Sources?

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a company that sells smaller bulbs wholesale? Maybe around golfball size. Any info will be appreciated

Zephyrhills, FL

The only company selling bulbs of that size,that I know of,sells mostly species Hippeastrum. He sells small,medium and large.bulbs at different prices. That source is Kevin Preuss of Brooksville Florida.His site is http://amaryllis-plus.com/ .
He doesn't sell wholesale,to the best of my knowledge.
There is a company in Holland which sells retail under one name,and wholesale, under another name. They sell full sized bulbs,cheaper as the quantity is increased. I don't remember it's name. There are many people on the forum who have bought from them.
Del

preuss

Ewing, VA

You will need to special order these from the bulb broker in Holland. One order is one crateful. Regular blooming sized bulbs would be in the 60-80 bulbs per crate. Smaller bulbs of course would be more per crate. Perhaps up to 100-120 bulbs per crate. One shipment, one pallet. One pallet would carry an average of 6-8 crates I think. Any bulbs that get damaged/rot or bloomed in transit is on you. Be ready to pay for A LOT of shipping and importation costs involved.

Now if you are not particular of any named varieties and just need smaller/cheaper Hippie bulbs, JT (Country Gardens) sometimes sell some of his Hippie bulbs grown from his seed crosses here at the DG Marketplace and Ebay. They are nursery grown and are of good quality.

Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.