Chipmunks in the Greenhouse

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have some critters getting into the greenhouse which I think are chipmunks. What is the best way to send them on their way without using poisons.

One of them took the covers off of 3 flats of fava beans and ate them all. Help!

BB

SUN CITY WEST, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi BronxBoy,
You can get llive traps at most big box stores and move the critters far away.
Our problem here is screws and pine squirrels
Chuck.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Screws?

I've got mice that eat my sugar pod peas as soon as I plant them.... they don't even give them a chance to sprout. I'm trying soil blocks to get the plants going... the mice don't seem to want them once they're up.

My soil blocking technique leaves something to be desired, looking more like soil blobs, but it's a start... the peas are sprouting.

Gentry, AR

same problem here but mine love to eat the squash and cucumbers i got a couple of free cats and the problem stopped.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

For me, cats are like killing flies with a shotgun... too much collateral damage. I like birds just fine, garden snakes are OK, we even had a small native weasel that I think the neighborhood cat killed... the literature mentions that domestic cats are its biggest threat and it disappeared after the cat started coming around. So I find other more specific ways to deal with little vermins that eat my peas.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I think I may have to pull up the lanscape cloth and lay some wire grating over the gravel floor.

Cat sounds nice but I have 3 dogs that will definitely have a problem with that solution

BB

Lake, MI

I think Chucki meant Shrews.

We have them bad around our house. The cat has gotten quite a few so the population is done a bit.

We did try almost filling a five gallon bucket with water and putting a board for them to walk up lined with sunflower seeds then we put some in the water. When the ones on the board are gone they go for the ones in the water and can't get out of the bucket and drown. I know its mean but they are a pain....

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

amos, that is my method with moles. I stomp the tunnels, then stick a hose in the main hole till it floods and the moles come swimming to the top. Scoop them up with a shovel and throw them in a half filled bucket. bye bye moles.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.