CLOSED: Lazlo

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

anyone heard from Lazlo lately? Haven't seen him online in quite a while.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

No- I was wondering about him, too - hope he comes on and tells us everything is ok with him.

I even D-mailed him last week and haven't heard anything back yet.

He just dmailed me - he's fine - been busy tending his seeds and plants. He thanks everyone for their concern.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good! I was hoping he was busy in the garden... Thanks for checking!

You are welcome!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I just know he is okay, he is prolly visiting with family or out collecting seeds.. we all love him so much..

East Tawas, MI(Zone 5b)

Well he's likely to stop in here sometime, what with his
name out there flying like a flag......so I'll just add

Lazlo, my fine fellow and trusted adviser.
Your queen wishes you to know of her newly
aquired ech's. (you'll get the first seeds I find,
if you like)
Arriving in April, little baby ~~~ Firebird's

Take care dear one and have a grand season.

Orangeburg, SC

I can understand that. Ive been super Busy and dont have much spare time for notes. It can be overwhelming. I LOVE my GH but it takes time every day or you will loose plants.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Howdy, Y'all!

Spring came to OzTown, Tax_US just a wee bit early this year - - like five weeks ago! The seeds I just scattered about last fall - - including my fall edition of Mystery Mix - went crazy! I did not realize I had put such a proportion of false snapdragon (aka - Obedient Plant) into the mix. And in such lovely colours! I've had a couple of red-wing blackbird transients at my feeder but they moved on, presumably northward, about ten days ago. Cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds (of course), grackles (yuck!), all varieties of smaller flyers such as finches, swallows, an orange tananger or three, warblers and mourning doves are already used to having me nearby playing in the dirt while they freeload on my black oil sunflower seeds - - and dine sumptuously on all the BUGS that have also decided spring began in mid-February!

Saw my first bee yesterday - - so confused in the bed where the obedient plants sway above all the shorter foliage that it just went from blossom to blossom without ever landing. I wonder what the problem was - it circled the bed for about twenty minutes while I was munching lunch on my porch. I also have an aloe vera with two huge flower stalks, each of which has four branches topped with big fat flower buds about to turn from green to coral.

I got so tired of looking at the dismal juniper bushes around our apartment that I started bugging the management to chop away all the parts damaged by juniper wilt and let me take over their maintenance (after the hard and nasty part was done by them). By severely pruning them and thinning the top cover I have found lots of new places where I can cultivate low-growing dappled-shade loving plants such as forget-me-nots and violas - - Whether they will survive when the planet tilts directly toward the Gates of Hell is yet to be seen. But I shall fight the good fight by keeping them moist. Can somebody tell me if this will also help kill the junipers completely? Don't I wish!

I am only about half-way finished clearing the areas that got the kabosh from the hard freezes we had in January - - trashed all of my older aloe vera plants on the topside but the roots of most of them survived so I have dead parents laying about all over with thriving root babies popping up next to them. I might get too sad from the sight if it wasn't for all that good Zolof the VA feeds me. LOL! Had to replace all of my tropical hibiscus plants, too - - The two weeks of hard freezes came right in synch with my adventure with the H1N1 virus and I couldn't have got out of bed to even save myself. My brugs were left to winter's harsh mercy too - - BUT THEY SURVIVED! I was so, so surprised to see little green leaves on those poor withered stumps.

The Easter Lilies are up and stretching for the sky . . . I found a few flower buds beginning to form. I have a patch of Formosan Lilies popping out foliage, too. I'm afraid that my golden esperanza bit the dust but I am holding off on hauling out its carcass until April 15th - - give it until tax day to show signs of life. If it doesn't make it, I've got seeds growing for the orange blossom variety to take its spot.

OK - I am alive and as well as any sexagenarian can be . . . and, btw, thanks to all who sent me birthday DMail - - It is so nice to see those messages.

Additionally, my thanks to all who at least viewed this thread - - it means so much to me to know that y'all have my welfare mixed in with all the concerns of your own lives.

Bless you, and

A T B T Y !      ~       ŁazŁo   ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Orangeburg, SC

Glad all is well. Spring is here. Peachs are in full bloom loaded with bees. CRAZY!! I pray it stays... Im spring cleaning and eager to get the gardens going. I love spring I wish it stayed all year. im in the green thumb mood. Happy planting. Ive sowed my seeds from you and the blue salvia popped up like crazy!!!

Lazlo, OF COURSE we think of you! I am watching things slowly admit it's spring in my yard - they are sure taking their time!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Howdy back, King of Seeds! That was the best post I've read in months, been lurking here since day one. Your mystery mix is growing like gangbusters in a jug I Winter Sowed. Keep the Spring news coming. We sure have missed you!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I knew it! You been a busy bee.. I am glad you are having Spring. Good to hear from you!
Debra

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

LazLo always remember just how loved you are here..............you're like a long lost relative.....LOL (((((((HUGS)))))))

Thumbnail by synda

Glad to hear your over the flu and back to gardening. Happy belated birthday.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

yeah. glad to see you back.

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, i had to look up the meaning of the word sexagenarian. LOL!
But yes Lazlo, it's great to hear you are ok. My Pride Of Barbatos is coomeing up!!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Don't you just love spring time :) Glad you've been busy :)

ants

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.