Looking for options to replace a glass patio table top

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Last year, our glass top broken on our table. It was an expensive set, so I don't want to scrap it, but always hated having glass on it since it was impossible to keep clean. The table it is a rectangle that tapers in on the ends and seats 6 people.

So since you guys are the most creative people I know, I was hoping someone could help....

I would love to have a tile top, but don't really know what to mount the tile on. Thickness becomes an issue since the glass that came with the table was not very thick and a thick top will not fit well into the frame. Another issue is weight. I'm sure the table frame will hold a fair amount of weight, but we live in hurricane country and when a storm is coming, we have to be able to move the table into the garage, so the top can't weigh a ton.

I considered small tiles with a pattern or border laid in, but need help on the procedure. Or any other ideas that you may have.

Thanks,
Sheila

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!