2010 Garden Photos - Part 2

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1072110/

Looks like we'll all be posting new pics soon!

Thumbnail by victorgardener
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just found these...

tulips poking

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Daffs coming

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Cool! I was outside getting some sun and saw tulip foliage too. Bleeding hearts as well.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My very first snowdrop EVER.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here come my crocuses, I'm so excited.

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Congrats! Told you it would be any day!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My front door planters

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Front planter #2

Thumbnail by ge1836

Wow - blooming already!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

NOOOOOOO
I just put the combo together. I know this is a 2010 flower thread but a succession of emerging tulip tips and daffs just didnt do it for me today.
I had to poke something flowerie in.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I came home to a yellow primrose in bloom today.
Most snow is melted and lots of foliage up. I'm catching up guys. Exciting!

Great!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love last years shot Patti... if doggie digs a hole for you.. I am sure you can find a plant to go in it.. less work!!!

great shots all!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice pics! Spring is finally here, even though it hasn't officially begun. It's here, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

JoAnn is way ahead of all of us!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

I saw a bunch of crocus blooming on the Cape today. Some deep purple and the ones the color of Victor's.

Karen

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Wow, I think our crocus and daffodils are still way off! Although it's been so warm that I'm afraid things will come up way before their time and get damaged by a cold snap. I did see some daylily foliage up by an inch or two. But it's great to see those blooms...Spring is definitely on it's way, and that's the best of time of the year.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I have crocus blooming, but by the time I get home from work they're closed. No idea what cultivar they are, but they're cute as heck. And the bunnies haven't eaten them yet!!

Spring!! Yay!!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love the Giant early crocus.There really isnt a bloom anywhere here yet. Just Tulips peeking.
I know !! Its a thrill for me.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

seeing anything popping up out of the ground green is a thrill JoAnn!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I only have 2 small gardens that arent covered with snow.
Today with temps in the 50's it should begin to clear the spor where I have new tulips coming in the DayLily garden
I can also spray for deer.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2010 5:53 AM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes now would be the time to spray for you

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They already ate the top of amy hydrangea.
I find prints around the feeder,they bypassed the Philodendron

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Finally a bloom thats blooming now.
Witch Hazels Jelenna

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Wesley Supreme

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice joann - i have the same one's - i think i know where you got them

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Tee Hee.
DD always had one that bloomed in Feb. I was so Jonzin to see a real flower by then.
When the offer came I just had to jump on it. I have another Wesley but it isnt blooming and I am not sure it made it. If the leaf bust come out in the next month I will just chalk it up to first year jitters.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have bunnies munching on the new green tops. Put out garlic, irish spring soap and cayenne pepper. That should do it for awhile. Doesn't work on Wall-e, though, he eats the soap!!!

Nice!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

At least he'll have a clean mouth.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Ge1836, Great to see your Witch Hazels in bloom. Your were a good Mom to them.

My DH just got back to Nantucket and wouldn't you know that I missed the first of our Iris reticulata in Bloom, because I am in NYC. We apparently have 5 out so far in the same area that they bloomed first last year. He sent me pictures via cell phone. But here are two of them. Late year they bloomed on March 12th. TA DA !!!!!

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

So pretty!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm so relieved it isnt January anymore.

Nice, Patti!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wish I was home to see them. Patti

Patti - I saw the orchid show at the NYBG today with Harper. Really nice! Try to get there if you can.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, I am leaving in the very early AM, but I will be back on Monday so I plan on going as it is open until April 11th. I really want to see it as it is about Cuba. My DH family had a botanical garden for many years in Cuba until Castro seized it in 1961. I met many of the horticultural people and botanist connected to it years ago, but most of them have since died. They grew orchids, but the big deal was the collection of tropical trees. Harvard was running it when it was seized, si it was a huge loss them and to the tropical plant world. It is sort of still there, but no money means that it is pretty much a mess these days, from what we hear. We will go at some point, but not yet. Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Yay for your witch hazels, JoAnn! I think you and Bill probably got yours from the same place I got mine. Would like more, but not this year I think.

Critters have not eaten my crocus yet. Last couple of years they got them before I even had a chance to take pics! I'm hoping they'll get bypassed this year.

Nice, Patti! That's too bad to hear about your DH's family's botanical garden in Cuba. Such a shame. I so want to go to that orchid show. We'll see.

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I waited until the snow was soft and went to where the crocus are that are new bulbs,and sprayed the dickins out of everything.

First flowers on my witch hazel Robert - planted in the fall of '08.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.