It's starting!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis Huldine is starting off with a bang..yipppppppeeeeeee

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Don't you love seeing these little jewels begin their emergence from their winter nap?

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

All my gardening catalogs are ragged from me frantically searching out for new acquisitions for my gardens..My first order arrived from Donahue's..I ordered 20 from them

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Hoshi-no-Flamenco" & "Ashva" arrived from Joycreek!!..What gorgeous clematis and so many vines!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My Gardens have all been weeded,pruned and Fertilized and heavily mulched

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

All clematis pruned and fertilized and I'll have three days of misty rain to help them wake up

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

First sign of things to come...have faith my Dear ones..Spring 'tis on its way

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Those are some nice clems you got in that order Jeanne. Real nice size.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Have you moved within last few years. The front yard doesn't look like I remember the pictures being from garden forum over at HGTV?

Athens, PA

Jeanne

You were missed. Welcome back ^_^

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

No Pippi..It's the same house..you are just seeing it as it is waking from it's winter nap...Carolyn..I've missed you too hon...glad to be back..hugzzzzzz to all...Jeanne

Richmond Hill, GA

Hi Jeanne, Looking good! I have pruned and will fertilize this weekend. Was your first application of fertilizer the alfalfa recipe or something else?
Happy gardening,
Arlene

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Arlene..hey girl!!..No I put down 13-13-13 and alfalfa pellets all over my flowerbeds before putting the mulch down..rose Fertilizer on all my Roses and clematis and am just now getting my Alfalfa tea brewing..that will go down around April..it's gonna be a fabulous year!!..don't forget to give those Azaleas some acid love ...Jeanne

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hey there Jeanne! How are ya girl? I'm a bit behind you but I found fuzzy buds on my clems.....even if I had to move the snow out of the way. Yippee yi ay, spring is on the way!!!!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Fuzzy buds?!?!?!...woohooo..you go girl..sounds promising!!..I am great and really enthusiastic about this year..got so many clematis to plant..I was naughty naughty online buying tons of new clematis...yeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwww...And how are you..Jeanne

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Fuzzy buds here as well. The slowest to get moving are those in more shade.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got fuzzy buds too on clems and the pussy willow.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yipppeee..fuzzy buds everywhere..yea for clematis!!

Baton Rouge, LA

Yay, Jeanne! Glad to see you back!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Jeanne, I knew it was about time for you to return. I am so looking forward to your post as spring has yet to arrive in NC. Can't wait to see all you beauties.

Gary

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Bliss and Andrews ..so nice to see yall..yup..I am thrilled at all the newgrowth on my clematis and the new ones I am planting..can't wait to see everyone's gardens this year..as all of ours are aging and getting more beautiful than ever..here's to clematis all over the world...Jeanne

Your spirits are really high this year, Jeanne, and it's so good to hear it.

What a difference a week and warm weather makes. Almost every clematis has swollen buds. Spring is such a glorious time in the garden.

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

lots of growth going on here as well. XD
We've had lots of rain the last several days & they are coming right along.
Very exciting to see my new babies this year. Last year I added 'Henryi', 'Warsaw Nike', 'Ernest Markham', 'Snow Queen', & 'Nelly Moser'. They all had nice sizing already so they should be good to go. whoo hoo!!

Thumbnail by 2racingboys
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Here is my Ms. Bateman

Thumbnail by jlp222
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

And of course, my Niobe

Thumbnail by jlp222
Starkville, MS

Is there an alfalfa recipe available?

Shirleyd

Richmond Hill, GA

Hi Shirley. This is the recipe I got from Jeanne. I'm pasting from her dmail:

I make mine in 5 Gallon Buckets (Just easier to carry around for me..I have 3 going right now and have applied already)...I put in 4 cups or 1/4 full and fill with water..stir daily and ONCE it starts to stink which is generally 5-7 days then it is ready...add 2 cups Epson Salts..Stir well and apply one cup around each rose bush or clematis...and 2 cups for climbing roses..remember to ALWAYS stir before scooping out to use as the goodies settle to the bottom...Hope this helps...Jeanne

Shirley, I add one cup fish emulsion to my mix when I add the epson salt.

Arlene

Starkville, MS

Cattjovi-----thanks so much for recipe------------but, I could not safely add the fish emulsion. I learned years ago to not use any product that was associated with fish. Any time that I do, I am over run with all the cats and raccoons in the neighborhood. And, those products that say they don't smell--------------are not telling the truth! I will use your recipe without that one ingredient.

Again, thanks,
Shirleyd

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, Jeannie thank you for starting the thread. This is the place to be for Clematis lovers! I've noticed flowering buds on my various kind. Spring indeed is around the corner!
Kim

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

What blooming up a storm is my evergreen Armandii Clem. Only it is so unruly this year. It's up on the tree-top mostly.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Close up of the pretty mild fragant star-shape flowers:

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Kim
that is beautiful. Wish We could grow it here. Won't be long and I can put out my Gloriosa lilies.
Gary

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Recieved an early order from Brushwood.
I'll plant them next week.Meanwhile they are enjoying the livingroom.

Baton Rouge, LA

One of my babies along the fenceline is in full bloom already! I was away with a garden show and then a family emergency for the last week or so, so I missed them opening. What a nice surprise to head into the backyard yesterday and see them there. Many more have buds just itching to burst open!

Say hello to Pink Champagne... planted as a baby last August. =)

This message was edited Apr 1, 2010 9:49 AM

Thumbnail by BlissfulGarden
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Very nice.

Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks, Jo Ann. By the end of the season, this one should be very full and pretty. I'm really looking forward to the garden this year. =)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hello Pink Champagm. LOL, I meant Evies. Nice one and congrats. Most of mine are still in buds stage. I'm happy for you. Hiya Gary. Me too, I'm excited that spring is finally here.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Pink Champagne" is one of my favs..she is opening up all over right now..Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.