Will mine bloom?

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

My MIL had a bunch of iris in different parts of her yard. Last March (03-23-09) almost a year ago, I dug some up and planted in my yard.Found out later I should have transplanted in fall.
Does anyone know if mine will bloom this spring? All I know is that they are purple. I won't be able to ID till they bloom. I'm hoping they have been transplanted long enough?
Thanks, Elizabeth

Taylorsville, KY

They've had a year to grow and they should bloom just fine!

Sue

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks I'm encouraged now :)

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Last April, My BF needed me to move her Iris..(she's in a wheelchair) She was going to have a new concrete patio and sidewalk poured and the iris needed to be moved... I moved them in large shovel-fuls, and most of them bloomed a few months later. But, I was careful to get as large a clod of dirt as possible so that they wouldn't be disturbed too much....
Also, I planted a new Iris last July and it bloomed TWO months later.. so you never know... good luck!
Naomi

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

You had some easy bloomers! I hope mine will do the same.
I have a bunch new fans coming up! I have hope!! When they do, I'll take pictures!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I have better luck moving them in the early spring, than the fall. I do not like planting iris in July. It is not a good way to do it, IMO. The trouble is no one sells them in the spring :(

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

I planted them last March. So it is about to be a year that they have been here. I'm betting they will bloom. I was at my MIL yesterday, whom I got them, and hers haven't started blooming yet. And a lady down the street has some, but they aren;t blooming yet either. That makes me feel better. At least theirs aren't blooming, if they were and mine weren't, I might be a little worried.
I guarantee when I see the first bloom I will take a picture!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Elizabeth
You may not get 100% bloom but I am sure you should have some. I have moved them and get pretty blooms the next season. Some are more finicky than others.

I can hardly wait until May! I added several new ones last year myself.

Teresa in KY

San Angelo, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm excited b/c they are they ONLY plant I have in the ground. I have 3 dogs (2 chihuahuas and catahula/border collie) They are inside dogs, but can't keep anything in backyard! I've lived in this duplex for 3 years and they don't have much "garden space".
I've noticed alot of new fans- big tall thick ones, that have come up lately. I hope mine aren't the fincky kind!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.