RebllomnutSteph

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Our Steph is having serious eye problems. Here's a cmail I got from her today. She asked me to tell everyone hi.

"I am only on ant of the sites a few min. now. I have a genetic eye disease and will eventually lose my sight but niw have cataracts in both eyes. The right one if ok though. They will not take them out until I am virtually blind as the surgery could bring just that on. isn't life a great ride?? I am ok but just been down a bit after being told this last week. They have limited me to 1/2 hr. a week on the computer so as not to stress my eyes too much."

South Hamilton, MA

Best to Steph & what a tough happening. We all say hello and wish you the best. Lucy

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

I feel so bad for Steph. What can anyone really say. My computer is my window to the outside world, and being able to see the beauty in life is what keeps me going. That, and all of the wonderful people on this forum. Please let her know she is in my prayers.

Shadow

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I will. Once everyone has posted, I'll copy this and send it to her.

South Hamilton, MA

Polly Also suggest that when the bearded iris bloom this yr., sniff for fragrance so she will know who is who in the coming years. would work on fragrant rebloomers as well. JI fragrant? I think that you are our lifeline to Steph.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Lucy. I do think Steph will be back, although in limited amounts of time. I think we'll hear from her. But I will pass everything along.

Tomah, WI

Steph, I am so sorry to hear of your vision problems. Site is something we take for granted. Take care of yourself & God Bless.
Becky

Central, SC

I don't know you Steph, but that doesn't matter. My heart goes out to you. May God bless and keep you. Bertha

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all the well wishes. Polly is right, I will be on here once in awhile to cach up as much as I can but am limited to 1/2 hr. a week. Avmoran suggested a download to help sight impaired where it talks and am going to do that today. I can't imagine not being hee with all my friends.

Love and miss you all
Steph

South Hamilton, MA

Glad that such a thing exists. We're all for you Steph.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Steph!!!!!!

I hope that download will work for you. We miss you!!!!

Winnsboro, TX

Oh Steph, I'll be praying for you and your family. Like others have said before me, vision is something we really do take for granted. I think it's until you are losing something you don't give it much thought. My eyes have been getting worse every year but I can still see. I just can't imagine what an adjustment you have in front of you. Please know that I'm here for you if I can be of any help. Dmail me your phone number and I'll call you once in a while just to cheer you up; It's wonderful people like you that makes gardening and talking to each other so interesting and so much fun.
Love Ya,
Marian

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.