Wanted: Used or New Felco Pruners with rotating handle

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

I have been told that a lot of people don't like these pruners (#7 or the smaller #12) but I'd really like to try them! If you have a pair- used is just fine- that I can purchase from you or trade for something you would like to have, please post or D-Mail me. Thanks so much!!! :)

:) Susie

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Holy COW - these things are expensive - sounded like a neat idea until I googled them and looked at the price!!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

They're not cheap but they are worth the expense. I used them last summer when I was volunteering and they did everything except really thick branches which I then needed loppers for.

Belton, TX

I use mine constantly, they are easier on the hands and I get many less blisters than I have with other clippers...I get them at Tuesday Morning for $7 in a sealed package...I am sure they are at similar outlet stores like Ross or Big Lots...

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

Wait, txaggiegal....you're saying you get FELCO #7's for $7??? These pruners are typically anywhere from $60-$90... Are you sure they are the same thing?

I have the regular Felco pruners I got about 7 years ago and paid about $70 at a retail garden center. I paid too much but use them constantly and wouldn't use anything other than Felcos. I have a lot of roses so wanted to get the rotating handle that should be (theoretically) easier on the hands. Even though these my seem pricey, I wouldn't use anything else. I also have the folding saw which is great as well. :)

Belton, TX

Yes, they are the same thing...I use them a lot, but admit that the rotating didn't seem to increase the ability to dodge the rose thorns! I correct myself on the price...they were $17. I bought a second pair last week and stored them for the future. There is never more than one or two packages and they are definitely seasonal...like now. So I buy when I see them....since we are in the world of cheap big-box, TM is one of the few places I can buy quality gardening tools.

I did see a felco folding saw last week...didn't buy, but now that you recommend, I will go back...I can't remember the price...but like all TMs, it is probably gone by now...fast turnover on the gardening tools.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

i'm on my way to Tuesday Morning!! Do you want me to pick up a saw for you if they have one? If they don't have 7's or 12's here would you be willing to get them for me? (I'd send you shipping,etc.) LMK and I'm REALLY excited!!!!!! God love you for sharing!!!

Belton, TX

My sister got the saw for me, but thank you so much. I will look for the pruners for you, but no promises...it is catch as catch can and you have to NOT be looking for anything in particular to find it! LOL.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

So...I went today and they had some other brand that was trying to look like Felco. I did get a nice pot and a visor for gardening. I love their visors- I have a smaller head and can never fit into the "adult" size ones. The ones they have run smaller and they just push on (don't go all of the way around the head) so I'm happy.

I did talk to the manager who told me that they are getting a truck on Monday and she's going to set back anything Felco that comes. I'll call her Tuesday or Wednesday. Since I was poking around, I made a day of it and went to Big Lots, TJ Maxx, and Gordman's, too. I didn't find anything all that great but I did have a good time doing it. Sometimes it's nice just to look at stuff. :)

Hopefully, I'll get the Felcos but if you find them, I'd be thrilled as well! :) TTYS! :)

Belton, TX

No felcos left yesterday...wonderful selection of shovels, large lopers and a rake...all industrial strength at about 1/3 the price originally...with pink handles for the Beat Breast Cancer Campaign...bought them all...guess what my family is getting for Christmas?!?

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

I called a couple of Texas stores and they didn't have anything. I did leave a message with corporate and am going to try to get them to find some for me. I am so thrilled that you told me that they are available. :) Hopefully, the corporate office will be able to help me get what I want.

The stuff you got sounds like nice gifts! You're like me- find a great deal and shop for Christmas no matter the time of year. My store is still going to look for me on this next truck, so maybe I'll be able to get stuff here. I am crossing my fingers and toes! :)

Belton, TX

Susie...the tool to effective shopping at TM is patience...if it is not there now, next time or next...and I have learned to buy it when I see it because if I don't, someone else will! I will keep a look-out for you....good luck!

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much! I have a call into corporate to try to find some of these. My local Tuesday Morning is going to look through the truck they get today as she unpacks the stuff and will call me tomorrow or Wednesday if she finds anything. I will keep checking, though. You've got me SO excited!!!

:) Susie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.