Coleus Chatter for March

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Here we are. Spring is easing in and we only have 3 months before we plant coleus outdoors.
That's in Z 6a
My livingroom cuttings are higher than last month and considering I pinch them back about twice a month ,who knows where they might be.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

A comparison from Feb to March.

Thumbnail by ge1836
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You've done a great job holding them over and you are proof it can be done. Congratulations!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Pirl

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OK its March !!!!

Bolivar, OH

Nice pics, ge! I'm envious of your collection.

Spring must be just around the corner...had 17 robins in my back yard yesterday.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

looking great JoAnn!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Good thing the bird seed has run out and the birds dont come to the feeders as often. I can hardly see out the window anymore.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I told you I would delete. Thanks form letting me rant. Deleted by SKWinter.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2010 12:27 PM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hope you feel better soon Sharon

Bolivar, OH

So sorry to hear that you are not well. I will be thinking good thoughts for you.

Hope you're better quick, Sharon.

I knew a young woman who had lots of problems, on top of a poor husband. She was always sweet and cheerful. One day, after her man had done something obnoxious that everyone was yowling about, I asked her how did she stay so happy. She said, "Oh, I do get angry and sad. I have a little book that I write everything in, and then I put it away, I never read it."

I think she was on to something there. If I had her problems, and that husband, I'd be a raving grouch all the time!

And I find chatting on the internet does not do the same for me, if I don't write in my 'grouch book' often enough. I really need to, because I don't want to 'cry alone'. I have everyone fooled, they think I'm cheerful all the time! lol

So it's really good that you've started healing. Having undiagnosed illness is terrible.

Best wishes your way,

Melissa

Thumbnail by
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Hey you beautiful gardeners. Thanks. I am better today. Another day toward being able to walk and breath at the same time. I am getting off the couch right now and going to plant my tomatoes.

Good for you, Sharon, go get them maters!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well yesterday was a fabulous day. I got all my violets planted, my maters are in the ground, except for two. My body said I was done before I was done. My neighbor from across the street stopped by with a comment at the end of the day. He had been cleaning his garage. He stated I would get more done if each driving by neighbor did not stop and chat. I told him that was the fun part of working in the front garden. They were actually making sure my tomatoes were planted because they are ready for their tomatoes in June. I always plant more than we can eat, just for the neighbors. Monday I need to get my herb seeds in the ground. With the herbs planted I am back on schedule.

I love Apocolypse

OOPS!!!

Thumbnail by
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love the shape of that one

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Sharon good to see you feeling better. Haven't stopped by here for awhile. Every day I throw out more coleus and I seem to have a waning interest in what is left. Alas when it gets warmer maybe that will change.

Great to plant lots of tomatoes for the neighbors. One of my wishes when we retire is to have a nice place in the sun so I can grow vegetables again for us and a local food pantry. I can't think of a better way to help someone than to give them fresh, wholesome food.

I tried that when we have an abundance of tomatoes and cucumbers only to find out they won't take fresh food. Seems insane to me.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Might be unable to store it until its chosen and off the inventory.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I think soup kitchens accept donations of fresh food.

Karen

Maybe get in touch with them before you have extras? So they can menu plan.

They have a set schedule for winter months. I'll check about summer. Thanks.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Get ready everyone its almost time for April Chatter.
I just trimmed my cuttings so I'll take the picture Thursday.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.