Sad accident at our place

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Two days ago Glory somehow got her "break away" halter hung in her hay rack/manger and pulled the manger apart. The halter did not break. Part of the manger stuck her in the right eye. We rushed her to the vet but there was nothing he could do to save the eye. I have to wash it out 2x a day and put ointment in it. She is also getting penicilin shots for a week. I asked the vet about pain meds and he said she had likely destroyed the sensitive areas and was not in any pain. She is eating very well and is just a bit subdued. I hate it for her. Thankfully she is very easy to handle. Had it been Shaq, I'd have had to put him down. It's almost impossible to do any kind of doctoring on him without heavy tranquilizers. We will have to wait and see how it affects her riding.

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!