CLOSED: Have Rare Yellow Morning Glory - want butterfly nectar seeds

Edinburg, TX

Have rare Yellow Morning Glory (Ipomoea ochracea) seeds up for trade. These were harvested January 2010.

The blooms range from 2 inches to 3 inches depending on how well fed the vine is. The flowers are a bright lemon yellow with maroon throats. Not sure how well the vine will do in cold climates but here in the deep south tip of Texas the tendrils can grow to over 25 feet in length and the vines are prolific bloomers. The vine also remains green all year long - it does not die out like other morning glories. I've been growing these since 2001. Bloom season is usually from Fall/Spring (September to May). The blooms also stay open all day long.

Will trade one package (12 seeds) for a 2"x3" baggie full of common butterfly friend nectar seeds like cosmos, zinnia, purple coneflower, tithonia, milkweed, flax, salvia, monarda, porterweed etc. I do not mind chaff - so if you deadhead your zinnias, tithonia and purple coneflower - I'll take whatever whole deadheads you wish to send.

I do not want sunflower or marigold seeds.

* * Please send d-mail if I neglect to contact you * *

~ Cat

This message was edited Mar 1, 2010 6:38 PM

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Humm, I think I have some mixed commercial seeds left over that was a "Butterfly Mix". Would you be interested in those? If you want, I can read the package & see what all is in there. But i believe everything you listed was included

Roermond, Netherlands

send you a D mail.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I have many new butterfly seeds. I will tell you tomorrow what I have but they are commercial, mostly and new. Would love to trade!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Cat, you know I want some! LOL I have seashell Cosmos seeds I can trade. PLMK and THANKS!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Cat, you have mail. PLMK too and Thanks!

Lancaster, OH(Zone 6a)

I have purple coneflowers... I think hollyocks too... Would love to trade if you have any left..

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have many pretty orange cosmos. I can more than likely find you some butterfly bush seeds if you like.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sending Dmail....

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Your package went out yesterday, Cat. Thanks for sharing!
Susan

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Dang,I wished I had some of the seeds your looking for,'cause that sure is purdy,puddy*G*

P

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Do you still have some seeds available? I have several items that you are looking to trade for. cosmos, purple coneflower, milkweed, flax, salvia

Janet

Roermond, Netherlands

Seeds are on their way.

If we could just get that color yellow in Ipomoea nil. Wow, stunning flowers on I. ochracea!

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Cat- did you see this?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078625/

Lancaster, OH(Zone 6a)

Getting your seeds together to go out in the morning~ Sun is supposed to finally shine a bit on Ohio... . Going to soak in as much as I can during running errands tomorrow ..

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning Glory is a beautiful flower and grows wild here in Florida. I love the way they bloom and how vibrant their colors are, even the blue/purple and white varieties have brilliantly colored flowers.

Edinburg, TX

Okay all...closing this thread for now. Need to catch up on getting everyone's seeds mailed out. If I neglect to contact you please send d-mail :o) Am getting quite forgetful in my old age!!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Cat - dmail me when your seeds arrive.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.