Vintage clothing

Coral Springs, FL(Zone 10b)

I have two dresses, both superb examples of late 1920's and late 1930's style. I want to donate them to someone- anyone! The first is a hostess gown in a black crepe with a full skirt, and a small train. It has a deep pleated ivory ruffle around the kind of tank top style neckline, the bodice is fitted, but that neckline is deep and square and kind of sexy- think Rita Hayworth.
The second one is black, a sheer georgette, very slim from the hips down and with a blouson top, a small rounded neck and long sleeves with a ruffle at about elbow length, then lace to a tight wrist.
These are museum quality- in perfect shape. One of them has small moth holes in the ruffle at the decollete, but other than that they are amazing. Anyone have any idea who might accept them? The arent to wear, (though I did wear the hostess gown once). I'd like to give them to someone but I dont know who might want them.
Any advice on who might appreciate these dresses is appreciated...
:)

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!