Green House Installation . Watch it go up

Northern Rivers NSW, Australia(Zone 7b)

7am . Friday

Thumbnail by holty

8 am

Thumbnail by holty
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

This will be interesting to watch, how big will it be?

9 am in the rain 6 x 4 m or approx 20 x 13 feet. Council regulations limit size in residential areas. This is slightly oversize but will get moved at a later date .

Thumbnail by holty

That will be very nice, will be watching for more pictures!

Keeping out the bugs , and yes its still raining .

Thumbnail by holty
Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Watching with great anticipation. Looks wonderful so far.

Stopped raining

Thumbnail by holty

Called off because of rain for a few days . Tomorrow maybe , Cleo loves it and thinks it is a solarium :)

Thumbnail by holty

Almost there.

Thumbnail by holty

Looking reallly nice!

I will make the racks Monday and then the fun begins.

Thumbnail by holty

Version 1 Benches

Thumbnail by holty

Adjustable in 2 dimensions , 6 x 2 metre x 4 leg sets should support 500 kilos . ( I hope ) :)

Thumbnail by holty

This will be so n ice when you are done! Is this for personal use, or are you in the flower/plant business?

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

cattle panel and pipe the things youi can do with it!!! looks wonderful.. I know your excited about getting to use it.

This is a "little test" igloo getting set up for propagation only .

Heat Mats and misting system to come and what happens here if successful will follow into one about 10 times larger for a small wholesale plant nursery for a friend .

Cattle panel and pipe , never heard it called that :) I can knock them up ( fully adjustable , need them stronger add additional legs ) for about $210 AU per unit with 4 legs , got quoted almost 4 times MORE from a fabrication shop !!!!

Holty....

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Very nice.

Almost there . Heat mats and controllers are on their way .

Thumbnail by holty

Poly insulation under the mats

Thumbnail by holty

Heat mats finally arrived after a few hassles getting the specs correct

Thumbnail by holty

Control wiring done for mats and misters ( not at all happy with the sensing for the misters , I might have to find a pro active tech person and make one to suit .) :)

Thumbnail by holty
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I really must say every thing is coming along, even if there have been some issues, the important thing is that you have the ability to get it fixed or else make it yourself....

I love that heat mat, oh how I would love one of them.... don't even what to think what it costs...LOL

Thanks for all the pics keep them coming.

Janet

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

the poor womans version of a heat mat.. an old water bed heater.. check craigs list or freecycle for them..

Mats with controllers are about $1000 AU custom made for these racks and a photo of the first few trays .
10 down , 126 to go in this igloo :)

MY job is over on this one.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2010 3:21 PM

Thumbnail by holty
Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I wonder how/if one could use the mats designed for radiant floor heating somehow. They're not too terribly expensive, and are available in a wide variety of sizes for different applications. For a large surface, you could install them just like you would a floor onto a surface, and have the switch right there to flip on/off as needed. Just a thought ...

The GH is looking great, Holty!

holty, that is coming out so nicely. You have to be excited to have a place to do all of the planting.

jlj, that is really a good thought using the floor heat mats.....you could actually tile over them and make it permanent and an easy way to clean if you wanted.

Wonderful job!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Thx Happ ... the only thing I would question/be curious about is if they would be okay in that application (e.g., not on a floor; but on a surface that has air movement below it, and potentially moisture. Perhaps if you have a way to seal the underside of the table, that might help. But I think it would be worth exploring, for sure, if you have a need for that kind of set-up!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

looks like most of your flats are in sand??? also, the black plastic is that to protect the heat mat or help with conductivity (don't know if this is the word I'm lookin for or not...lol) of heat???

jlj I like your thinking there.... pretty incredible and I think worth looking into.

Janet

holty, what season are you in? Summer, fall, or winter? Sorry for being geographically challenged.

jlj, good question if the mats could have airflow. I was thinking more of laying a sort of floor. Using plywood like in homes, floor heat, and cover with tile (easy to clean and sanitize) just like they do in homes. I know they put it in bathrooms with tile, I have a friend who has it and it is great, just never thought about for a plant heater, next question is what kind of wiring!

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

its fall Down Under... they are the opposite season from us since they are below the equator...

I knew they were oppostie, just didn't know how opposite. Since I may be in spring, my temps can range from 30 to like today 80 and back in a few hours...LOL Guess I didn't word my question very well, after looking at it. Thanks blkraven.

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

its like that there too.. it varies depending where you are at.. the geography of Austraulia is amazing.. Ive a friend who lives in the sidney area.. its a whole different world from the things Ive learned from her..lol.

Google " underfloor heating mats" . I have used a single wire system from DEVI but you have to wire to an underlay , then concrete over BEFORE tiling . I know there are many others , some that can be used under mats etc.

Autumn has just started with overnight min still around 19 degrees so the mats don't turn on yet .

The sensor probes are currently set at 18 degrees so not yet operating on "AUTO".

The sand is only to hold the seed down until germination begins and the back trays have a different mix in each one (testing) .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.