Has anyone used this before?

Lake, MI

I have looked at all of your fine worm bins and I would love to have one, however being female and not handy with tools would this type work?

http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/compost/Easywormbin.htm

So from reading the topics I gather you have to use the red worms?

I was thinking about getting them from the ground and adding them to the bin. Maybe I am a worm brain:)

thanks for your help

Amos

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Yeah, they don't have to be super complicated. The weaknesses I would see with that one is that it takes up more space, and that the liquid dripping out the bottom may be gucky. So maybe not the best choice if you're in an efficiency, but if you can stick it out of the way in a garage or utility space, those characteristics shouldn't be a problem.

You can use worms out of the ground, but the point of the red worms is that they're a lot more efficient in converting the newspaper and kitchen scraps. I'd say if you've gone to the trouble to set up the bin, it's worth buying them.

Lake, MI

Ok I see thanks for helping me. I do have a garage that I can keep them in.

One more question can I use the worms for a duel purpose, like giving some to my hubby to fish with? The fish seem to eat a night crawler so fast any way. Me I use little pieces to fish with.

Thanks

Amos

Longview, WA(Zone 8b)

Here is a kitchen worm bin I designed and built.
It works great. The great thing is it can be expanded to a larger version.
Good to join you.
Paul Smith.

Thumbnail by lonejack
Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm going to ask what is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer.What are the wires for?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.