Finding Pro Mix

Lakeville, MN

I looked everywhere for Pro Mix as so many people recommend it over other choices. Finally I found that the Ace Hardware in Farmington (MN) will order for you (no shipping) and it takes about a week to get it in.

So now please convince me I did the right thing because that stuff is expensive , around 32 bucks for a 3.2 cubic foot bale (bag?).

It is supposed to be sterile and contains either a fungicide or those little soil creatures that make your stuff grow. Don't ask me what they are. I am too addled to remember.

I don't work for them or anybody actually and have no connection to this or any other nefarious gardening product.

But I would like to find some seeds for that opium poppy. Not for the seeds or whatever it is but because they are very easy to grow and self sow and everything. That might be considered nefarious I guess.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

HM -- if you have not found any Opium Poppies yet... check the Seed Trading forum and create a post stating you are looking for some.

you can usually get tons of seeds just for postage.

here is the forum -- http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/trading/all/

Lakeville, MN

Thank you! I hope this doesn't get me in trouble. I wouldn't have a clue what to do with whatever ever it is you do with.

Northeast, IL(Zone 5b)

Do you have Menards in your area? That's where I always buy Pro Mix. It's cheap there too. $5.99 for a 28 liter bag, which is around 1 cubic foot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.