Toad Sweet Toad

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

Evening CLay Dwellers!
I FINALLY finished the leaves of clay for my friend and neighbor... however one of the large palm frond pieces that I worked so long and hard on had cracked during the first firing. I KNEW it was because the stem had been so heavy and thick that I had to dig it out.. this I KNOW stressed the clay and cracked in the bisque firing. I sealed and patched, and prayed and thought that it was going to be ok. SO I glazed it and glazed fred it. It cracked in 3 pieces.. Sooo when my friend goes back to Fla , she'll bring me another palm frond.

ANyway....I started something fun tonight. I am hoping spring will come back soon.. so I am making a little TOAD house formy garden. It kind of looks like a Derby Hat. put holes in the bottom so when it's in the garden I can secure it in the ground with garden staples.

Last night I strated a small bird feeder and bird bath.

Blessings,
Deb

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!