February 23rd, 2010: Rhododendron 'Colonel Cohen' (Rhododendron ) by imapigeon

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for February 23rd, 2010 was Rhododendron 'Colonel Cohen' (Rhododendron ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2010-02-23

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

Wow, I am so honored!!!! I ALWAYS look at the Bloom of the Day, and today I totally forgot---thanks for bringing this to my attention, Sue!! BLUSHING......

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's beautiful, I love how you captured the purple high lights!

This plant was given to me by a very dear friend when she had to move into assisted living. It rode 200 miles in a windy trailer and then had to be transplanted. I can't even describe how thrilled I was to see it blooming happily in its new home last spring!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Well I can understand how pleased you must of been to see it bloom. It looks very happy!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love it ... love it!!!

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Lovely shot!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

What caught my eye was how the background wall shows off the plant, a nice change from most images with foliage backgrounds. Plus it's container plant so gives a different perspective for growing a rhodie, I have 2 that will now go into big pots.

This pot is about 20 gallons. The only place I thought might have have enough shade and be cool enough for a rhodie is in a small northeast corner of my frount courtyard.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great plant choice for that wall!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.