Incubating eggs for the first time... ALOT of questions

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Adrenaline junkies, eh? {{snort}} Frankly, I think I've had enough adrenaline hits to last me a lifetime... everytime I think I've detoxed, something around here tries to kill itself.

If I wanted things to die on me, I'd raise sheep.

And I'm in NM.... we don't dooooo humidity... we just shrivel up and blow away.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I am out of adrenaline.. there is no more. I do get a thrill from MsJ's excitement though! I so remember trying to stare a hole in the eggs... Humm.. I COULD start doing that again in real life!

C A T S Y!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Back away from the incubator....
just stay calm and breath.
Repeat after me...
scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, fried eggs
scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, fried eggs...

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you MissJ & Billy!

My DH is so happy we live in the city. If it were up to me, and we had the ways & means, we'd be living in the country and have all manner of furry/feathery critters.

Clarkson, KY

Ummm....you know I'm laughing at you.....:)....kills me too.

Lodi, United States

Shall I or shall I not return ZZ's incubators.....?

Will you promise to only incubate Serama eggs?

{{{You see, I have to be very firm with her....}}}

This message was edited Mar 2, 2010 4:34 PM

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Dominatrix!

Lodi, United States

It is for her own good.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh???
Like you don't lust after seramas.
Their winsome ways. Their perky tails.

Lodi, United States

I am more the Nankin type, actually...clean lines, aristocratic profile, ancient pedigree....

But these darn Serama will breed!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I PROMISE I PROMISE

wait.. how long am I on this restriction anyway?? Can there be a clause.. Only a few Lavender Ameraucanaz??
edited to add

gimme bators gimme bators gimme bators me want eggiez me want eggiez.. more seramas more seramas

This message was edited Mar 2, 2010 11:34 PM

Lodi, United States

Hmmmmm. It is more serious than I thought.....

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I feel bad hijacking MsJestr's thread with my insanity, but as soon as some of hers hatch.. and she gets that glazed over look in her eyes... and the knee joints start to fail.. well.. you know.. the only thing left is walking around saying "wut wut babiez" Then she will truly know...

MsJestr, when they start to pip.. please start a hatching thread!!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

ewwww... groveling.
Don't grovel, zz, please don't grovel.
It's unbecoming a lady of your magnitude.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Groveling?? I think not. LOL

mumbling.. yes

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Stand up straight! Enunciate your whining clearly and with panache!
Mumbling is for senility, decrepitude, the low born....
we women of magnitude do NOT mumble. Mutter evilly, yes, mumble, no.

Just say yes, I'll incubate seramas til the sun blows out, I'll give them all to you, Catsy, just let me at an incubator.

Pip-pip, wut-wut.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL That is great Jay!

She probably wouldn't notice any modern Game eggs anyway. LOL

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Just blow some diesel fumes in her face... it'll fog her mind. =0)

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

About cleaning the eggs. I don't think I ever saw a one of my broody hens washing her dirty eggs, and she had no trouble hatching them!LOL LOL LOL! Some of them got pretty dirty, too!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh LOOK Catsy! There's a lovely fayoumi over there!

{{{quick, put the eggs in while she's not looking...}}}

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Screamin funny Claire!!!!!!!!!

Lodi, United States

ZZ, Don't YOU DARE!

Moxie...have you no shame...ZZ had a problem, a serious problem...she does not need your thoughtless enabling.

Fayoumi! Really? Where?

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

:) now that I know what your talking about... (thanks to ZZ!) This makes sense now!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

key word being "HAD" it's no longer a problem.. I'm cured! It's a MIRACLE!!!!!!!

Lodi, United States

No, ZZ, once an incubation addict, always an incubation addict.

The fact that you deny you have a problem means you are still in denial. It is a delicate time in your recovery.

Now, has anyone seen the Fayoumis? Moxie said they were here somewhere....

Clarkson, KY

Lavender Ameraucanassss??????!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

He is here Grow http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078691/

I have one lavender split hen and wanna hatch a few eggs.. I mean one or two.. LOL

Lodi, United States

Sigh...she's off again!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

lavender.. as in purple.. I WANT ONE!!!! I want fluffy purple babies! :)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Please all HIJACK this thread, it will keep me from going bonkers... Oh the Humidity levels are really bothering me, I think I need to find thicker sponges... I keep making sure the eggs are turning, and keep reminding myself to balance the two temps for the temp which makes me do math... Oh and need more batteries for the flashlight that I have threatened Billy with his life if he so much touches, it is the one he borrowed from Mr Ronnie that he is not getting back..

ZZ you should try the Lavender Ameraucanaz..... Catsy I really think she can use the bators therapy...
Thanks for the well wishes, seriously this is hard work and when I see the goose eggs out in the yard, I want to snatch them up and find another bator...
2 days to candeling...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ooooo, I can't wait for the candling!!

Whooooooooosh! Oh look, there goes another Fayoumi!!

ZZ, maybe you could get one of the R-Com incubators that does 3 eggs at a time, and keep it plugged in in the truck cab somewhere?

You know the song "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors? I'm working on a new version, called "Lambies in the Sun."

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Too much cuteness for so early in the morning....lol! How is yesterday's lamb doing, or is that her?

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Quote from Catscan :
Moxie...have you no shame...ZZ had a problem, a serious problem...she does not need your thoughtless enabling.

Fayoumi! Really? Where?

Uh-huh... in the line of takes one to know one, I think the real sign of dependency is an unwillingness to share. Oh, you can sling all the psychobabble you want, Catsy, but we all know who has the REAL problem...

lol

Lodi, United States

I am not in denial...I do not claim to be in control.

My name is Catscan and I hatch too much.....

Clarkson, KY

lolol....Jay SO nailed it...hee...

Richmond, TX

Where does the lavender colour come from in Ameraucaunas? The breed sites I've seen don't mention it.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Catsy, just because you're not in denial doesn't mean you haven't got an addiction. More like you're just giving yourself permission to totally indulge your incubatorial indulgence-ness and reifying your dependency beyond salvation. =0)

I really don't see the harm in ZZ having a tiny little incubator in her truck... well, then again, I'd hate to see the swerve when there was a little pipping/peeping going on. However, a chick in a ball cap... what could be more adorable?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL *News Flash* ZZ will truck no more. Motherbird has landed. I repeat.. MotherBird has landed. I am home to stay. I am not giving up on my dream.... just have to find another way to make it happen.

Thank you MsJestr for permission to totally get off topic, ramble and such. I know your pain.. LOL I hope to have it soon.. I mean.. ummm your fun..

Porkpal, the lavender is a relatively new project and is actually just a Self Blue.. They are not recognized yet.. but several breeders are developing them further. I have a full lavender roo and a split lavender hen.. yes, I do intend to hatch more to build a small flock of pure lavender, and will sell eggs/chicks in the future.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OMG really ZZ? What happened? I'm sorta stunned here! And bummed that you won't be visiting again! Waaaah....

But, at the same time, you do what you know is best for you and that's most important and I will be happy for you with whatever decisions you make!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

OK, being the dim bulb that I am, may I ask... what is your dream?
I mean other than multitudinous gorgeous lavender ameracaunas... and pipping.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.