CP out of the fridge today

Conneaut, OH(Zone 5a)

Took out the sarrs and vft out of the fridge today.Wetted the medium with melted snow.Melted snow water was up to room temperature having let it sit over night.Planted them and put them under florescent lights.I did this last year and was surprised on how fast the came out of dormancy.In a matter of weeks the vft were growing new traps by leaps and bounds.I hope the same goes for this year.Soon as weather permits they will go outside.Which is where they long to be.Edge

Arlington, TX

Spring is beautiful! Good gardening.
C

Arlington, TX

I am working on 2 large pot bogs. Luckily I can keep most plants outside all year in TX. This winter was so cold I moved them into the garage for protection. I am pretty new to CP's but have a few at home and some tropicals under lights in my classroom. I love them! The biggest problem with keeping them outdoors here is the intense heat and lack of humidity. Living in MI most of my life, I didn't realize how different full sun is down here.
Cheryl

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I too took a few out of the fridge in the past 2 days. A VFT, a Scarlett Bell Sarr. and a 3 year old Cobra lily. Got them in a south facing window for now. The rest will wait another week or 2. All my sarrs are bare root.

Arlington, TX

I saw some cobra's for sale at Lowes yesterday. I didn't buy any because I don't think they can take TX heat.
C

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I NEVER see cobras at Lowes. Wish mine would get some....

Arlington, TX

They had large for 8.95 and tiny ones for 4.95. I was tempted but then started thinking about how I would keep the roots cool in this brutal climate. Sometimes the CP's there look ok and sometimes very stressed, think it depends on how long they have been in the terriums. I got my best finds (3 VFT and one Sarr. hybrid from a Tom Thumbs grocery store here, go figure. But this spring I am ordering some nicer plants from Cobra Plants. I am dreaming of spring after our horrible winter which broke my ceramic pots and killed alot of my cacti.
Cheryl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.