Raspberry's Best place to buy?

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

I am looking to buy Raspberry bushes and would like to know who is the best supplier and who has the best prices for them. One that will back their product.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

There are many catalogs(garden) that have good general info. on particular types. What types you thinking about planting? I love to grow all kinds of brambles.
Cuckoo

Edmond, OK

Iam looking to buy some red and yellow varieties. Is willis nursery any good? Also i just ordered a doyles blackberry. Any info on it.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Judahbrat I'm not familiar with those. Willis Nursery doesn't ring a bell with me either. I planted a lot of Heritage Reds last year. They are delicious.
Cuckoo

Edmond, OK

Dear cuckoo, having recently received an order from Willis nursery my advice to you is to live in blissful ignorance of their name. I paid 80 bucks for a box of kindling. The doyles thornless blackberry on the other hand is looking pretty interesting. Look it up on the net. It aint cheap. 20 dollars plus 12 dollars shipping for one plant. WOW! They say that it will produce 10 to20 gals. by the third or forth year. I know i know, if its too good to be true then it probably is'nt, but i've heard good things about this blackberry. I received one a few days ago and it was completly leafed out and beautiful. I'm moving in a couple of weeks so i had to pot it but, its looking good so far. Look at the pictures on Doyles website. I've never seen anything like it.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Judabrat I think that is a lot of blackberries from a plant! I know many nurseries have varieties they like to sell best so you have to decide which kind you want to try that is best for your area. All the catalogs are great to look at and compare so you can find your best plants and hopefully best deals. Golden_Eagle are you having any luck finding your berries?
Cuckoo

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

No I am having a hard time finding a very good place. I do like to buy from the TOP 5 if I can.

I hard a very bad expanse a year ago with a nursery.

Edmond, OK

have you guys checked on simmons plant farm or simmons berry farm?

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

No I'm not familiar with it. Nice selection and do they have a catalog? Cuckoo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.