Nature's Builders

Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

I took these pictures from a short bridge that spans what used to be a small creek. There was no evidence of beaver activity late last summer. Now look what we have! I haven't been lucky enough to spy the perps; but I'll keep trying. I hope nobody messes with them.

RBB

Thumbnail by raisedbedbob
Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

Pic didn't make it. Here's another try.

Thumbnail by raisedbedbob
Sandusky, OH

Look's like a build to me. Seen any chewed tree's? Other than the zoo Ive never seen a Beaver, but last summer found a tree in a marsh that was chewed pretty good...I presume it was a Beaver...not sure what else chews on tree's.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

If they get to be a problem by blocking the culvert under the bridge, there are ways to 'work around' that problem that a quick Google search will show you. The alternative that the county/state uses is to kill them. It helps to have this information to give to the authorities to show them that we can still have bridges and roads & beavers in the same area. Here is one site: http://www.beaverculvert.com/

Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

JuneyBug, there doesn't seem to be any blockage under the bridge judging from the flow on both sides. What's amazing is how fast what was a small creek bed became a sizable pond even before we had record breaking snowfalls. It'll be interesting to see how well the dam holds up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.