(judycooksey) Judy Cooksey

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Judy Cooksey, known to everyone here at DG as judycooksey passed away on Feb. 8th.

Judy joined DG on Jul 5, 2004 and was very active on the Mid-South Forum and in the Pets Forum. Members enjoyed hearing about her English Bulldogs and all of the stray animals that seemed to know that Judy would have a kind word and a good meal for them.

She loved her friends on the Mid-South forum as well and enjoyed getting together with them for an afternoon of plants and fun. She had real-life friends as well as cyber friends there and they are a testament to her outgoing personality.

She will be missed by all.

Thumbnail by melody
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much for posting this Melody. Judy was a special friend of mine. Always bringing me something (some kind of deal she had just gotten) - I think she'd give the shirt-off- her-back if someone needed it. And boy, oh boy, did she love her critters. From the song birds outside her window, to the wonderful bullies that they so lovingly took so much time with. Guess it's been several months since the last time I met her and her DH, Bob for breakfast. She had her wit with her and was in full form. After watching her website go away, I was fearful that this go-round of her illness was a real turn for the worse.

It sincerely brings me great sadness to know she has left us, but know she is in a much greater place singing and dancing around the kitchen with all her bullies that have gone before her.

Much love....Judy!

your friend
bonnie

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Melody thank you for posting, it's greatly appreciated. I was wondering what happened to her. I spoke to her several times here but unfortunately had never met her. Deepest sympathy for family and friends.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Judy was a kind wonderful lady and friend. she told me once always had starys coming and once one was young boy. she helped so many. She loved her plants and all her flowers and always shared. She was in great pain now shes resting helping all pets up there and her friends.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Mel. I met Judy at a KRU years ago and we kept in touch. I always read her threads and posts with interest and have been wondering for quite some time why I never saw her at Dave's.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

OMGosh - I am soooo sad to hear this. I was just replaying her last voice mail message last weekend and thinking that I really should give her a call. How terribly, terribly sad... Big Daddy must be devastated.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sounds like a wonderful person...... sorry I never had the opportunity to meet her. Prayers being said for her family and friends...........

Genna

Ripley, MS

I too hated to hear of Judy's passing, she will be greatly missed .
Bob has a beautiful picture of a young healthy Judy on her web site
http://www.puppygal.com/
Sandra

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I hated to hear of Judy's passing also, she was a giving person she wanted to give everyone something. I have gotten home from plant swaps and ask Lamar where things came from, he would say Judy told him to put it in the truck it was mine.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

So sad to hear of Judy's passing. I read many of her posts on DG, but didn't ever have the good fortune to know her.

My condolences to all her family and friends who are missing her now.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Sandra - thanks for the link! Doesn't she look terrific?! Such a sweet young thaing!

Ripley, MS

You are welcome, I like it too

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Oh, I'm so sad to hear about Judy! I never met her face-to-face either, but she was a dear friend on Mid-South and I know she shared her love (and flowers) with many, many people.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

I hate to hear this news!!!.... She was a wonderful lady and my prayers go out to her friends and loved ones.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh, I just learnt of this sad news. I've not met Judy in person. But has chatted with her online so many a time. My prayers are with her beloved husband and family.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Judy was such a wonderful person! She always read my duck stories with delight. She introduced me to the wonderful "Rainbow Bridge" poem, and I know her critters were all waiting for her as she crossed it. Godspeed, Judy, you are one precious lady and will be missed by all of us.

Booneville, MS

It's so sad to hear about Judy. She was one of the first DG people I met. She and Bob loaded me up with plants eveytime I saw them and, of course, my first Brug came from her. My thoughts and prayers are with Bob in this time.

Terrye

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here's the link to her obituary page: http://www.shackelfordfuneraldirectors.com/obituary.php?client_id=6319

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Thank you for link. I was happy to be able to pay my respects.

Ripley, MS

I was too, I am so glad that we have that ability now with a lot of the funeral homes.
When the person is already buried before you even know it, you still get a chance to leave your comment.
I know Bob will appreciate reading it.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i tried to kept say enter code i did did did. still did notpost when was the funeral than ? buried at? she was such a angel .. so thoughtful kind honest giving lady.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

It can take 24-to 48 hours to appear, be patient!

They did not disclose the details of funeral, etc. It was very nice to be able to share my feelings, though - as I'm sure you feel as well. (deep sigh!)

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I saw this mentioned on the pet forum and was sadden to learn that Judy had passed away. I always enjoyed her posts and stories. I have often wondered where she had disappeared to, now I know. I admired her passion for all of Gods' creatures and am sure she is being rewarded in Heaven. Sending prayers that her loved ones will find comfort in their memories of her.

Just an update:
I received an email from BidDaddy this morning. He sounds good and is keeping busy. His network cable was cut by a neighbor, so he is just now catching up on all my emails I sent him. lol.

Ripley, MS

Glad you were able to hear from him, I know he is busy if they still have all the animals

He said he was very busy with the dogs and still working on the house. Guess when you build your home yourself - there is always work to be done. Heck - our home needs work too - but because it is old. lol.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I am so sorry to hear of Judy's passing. She was one-of-a-kind, so caring and giving. Good by, my special friend.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.