Has anyone heard of this trojan?

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

My son (he's an adult living 3 hrs from me) has been having problems with his computer today so he ran his AVG antivirus and it said it had found a trojan named Vojan. It asked how he wanted to deal with it and he told it to fix the problem. Next thing he knew he was looking at a black screen! Now he can only reach a DOS screen and is unable to get into Windows. We tried using Safe Mode and restore to a previous save point and neither worked. He'd like to at least email his files out so he can retrieve them at a later date. Jeff recently returned to work after being laid off from work since December so he isn't able to afford to take it in for repairs and he no longer has the original disc for the computer so he isn't able to re-install windows.

Any experts out there with ideas on what he can try? I tried googling that tojan and couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks!
MollyD

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!