Rabbit poop - to compost or not? & other Newbie questions

Phoenix, AZ

Hi All, I've heard rabbit droppings can be put right into the garden & then I hear otherwise. ?. And when something is too "hot" & it needs to be cured does that mean it needs time to literally cool down or it needs time for the microbes to break it down?

Also, I'm so confused on the subject of composting. Any good books I can read? Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks much

Glendale/Parks, AZ

http://www.phoenixpermaculture.org/events/backyard-composting-basics

Here is a local class you can attend. These permie guys know what they are doing and for me it is always nice to hear how locals do things.

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks much I signed up for the class.

Phoenix, AZ

I should be able to nail down this composting thing. I use to think how hard can it be just throw stuff in a pile. Hmm. Hasn't worked like that for me. I've signed up for the class that rtl850nomore suggested and that's in a couple of weeks.

PuddlePirate - I love the user names I see around here. How'd you come up with it?

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I use rabbit poo right away, side dressing my growing plants, or straight into the garden before planting.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

"Puddle Pirate" is what a Navy sailor sometimes jokingly calls a Coast Guardsman. I'm a retired Coastie.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

The coast guard isn't appreciated as it should be, thank you for your service.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

Thank you. It was an honor to serve.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.