question about DG. . .

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Good morning Ladies, I was just on the Orchids forum, and someone was talking about the DG web-site being sold? I hope nothing changes... I just joined, and am learning so much!

Raleigh, NC

yes, but if you just joined, it may have already been sold when you joined! it happened over a month ago.

Cherryvale, KS

Naomimade,
Do you live in Co. Springs? We go to Rye every spring(.5hr S Pueblo). I'm excited because our bloom is finished and Greenhorn Valley iris are in bloom. Welcome to the iris addict's party!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi NickysIris! You're bloom is finished?? already? I just found about about Greenhorn Valley Iris a few weeks ago. I will DEFINATELY go and visit!

Spicer, MN

I'm sorry, but I haven't heard anything about David Garden's being sold. I HAVE noticed that 'his' information hasn't been as good or up to date lately when looking up Iris credenials Why has this happened without any 'News Break' or bulletin to his subscribers? Unless I hear anymore information about what this 'sale' means to my membership, I will be very disappointed in DG and done with it. I don't need a refund, only an explanation.

Sharon

Lebanon, OR

husker

go to DG on home under discussions and it tells you what has happend. Do not give up as something is a foot am sure.

D

Spicer, MN

Irisloverdee,

I went to DG home discussions and found nothing. I'm not giving up, but I would have thought there would be a personal announcement before this time to his members.

S

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

husker11, here's a link that I think will help explain the situation:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074451/

To back up a bit, Dave's Garden was sold to NameMedia in 2007. They were our parent company for almost 3 years. They have sold the site, along with some other sites they owned, to Internet Brands, Inc.

The sales have no real effect on PlantFiles - the Iris (and other cultivar and plant species) information continues to be added, updated and corected, just as it's always been. If you find that something is incorrect or outdated, please use the red "report an error" button while you're on that PlantFiles listing and let our editors know what you spotted.

Terry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.