Apropos of Nothing v.9

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Cute both you and the cats ears. Looks like a great place to work.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I KNOW I KNOW~!!!!

G.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

You're both so good. Here's another (Pixy, cover your eyes -- I have to be surrounded by color & texture to work. Also, judging by the date and EVERYTHING being on the floor, I probably was starting to sort for the move.)

(Hint: Slightly different Waldo.)

Thumbnail by summerkid
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

How kind of you to build that nice fluffy bed for Waldo. He? looks content.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh yeah, that's littlejackwinter, whom I found making a meager living in a campground as fall was setting in. He'd probably been thrown from a car, is my guess, or perhaps caught by a bigger animal -- one of his back legs appears to be snapped at the hip; he can balance on it but not put any weight. The vet says it's as healed as it's ever going to be & that it doesn't hurt him & that surgery wasn't an option by the time I found him.

He's really darling & fast friends with the dog.

He is kind of spooky when he makes his way across a non-carpeted floor -- the leg gives out, so he kind of goes Ker-WHUNK, Ker-WHUNK, like the Ghost of Christmas Past. But if he really needs to cover some ground, he just picks that leg up & takes off like a rocket. The disability has made him very handsome -- because his front legs take the brunt of any horizontal or vertical excursion, he has the neck & shoulders of a linebacker. Very gifted mouser.

Oh -- and he's named for Jack just because Jack detests cats so I figured it would annoy him greatly to have one named for him (and it does, I love it).

OK, that's enough cat history for the moment.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

He's sacked out on his back?

Cute!

G.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Yeah, I think that's really comfortable for him because of that leg.

Hey! you stole my cat! That's my cleo napping in your mess... I mean.. your creative space.

Wecome back, Soferdig. My daughter takes 'king of the entire world' in for a second vaccine next week. She will talk to Dr. Ray about the Depo thing and get his thoughts. We must do something for our Cleo,, even if it means 'killer' has to take a back seat to his own instincts for a few months. He's a total spoiled brat, anyway.

Steve, we were watching it on the computer, so I don't know, sorry. I'll ask Mike for you tomorrow.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Laurie, Tills has been incommunicado on DG for a while, though she has popped in a few times to show she is still alive when one of us has contacted her concerned if she is alright. I go on Facebook occasionally, and I see signs of her activity there on various games whose exploits appear on my friends newsfeed (or whatever the lingo is to call that). So I know she is alive, though I get worried about her too, since she was a frequent participant on this forum for a long time. Besides, I want to know how that new garden where the trucks used to be is coming along.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2010 1:39 PM

(Judi)Portland, OR

Eeekkk 8.8 earthquake in Chile & tsunami evacuations in Hawaii.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I talked to Tills on facebook 3 weeks ago. All was well and nothing exciting going on.
I guess I will get computer saavy and think to do that America's Cup on Internet. I still think TV all the time. Hope I can stream itup here.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

[quote="Soferdig"]I talked to Tills on facebook 3 weeks ago. All was well and nothing exciting going on.
I guess I will get computer saavy and think to do that America's Cup on Internet. I still think TV all the time. Hope I can stream itup here.
They just announced it up here in Wrangell . I will definately be listening for siren this morning.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Be careful Sofer!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I have my kayak on top of my cages ready to go.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Thanks MHF and Sofer for update on Tills - I miss her.

And a definate eeek on the earthquake - it is amazing how the earth can shutter in one part of its body and have it felt 'all over'. Hey, not like us gardening in the rain -

we are being beaten and lashed by icy rain and wind this morning. Please let march bring something more comfortable.

Steve, Mike watches it on Americascup.com http://www.americascup.com/en/index.html

Apropos of nothing, my dh won 4 tickets to the musical production of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, playing at one of our theatres here in Tacoma. They turned out to be front row, center tickets and the show was outstanding! We all got to go. What a great show!

Tsunami warning for Hawaii has been cancelled. Other countries still under warning, though. The earth is really letting us have it back lately. How sad for Chile.

Okay, ummm, I was looking for the drunken woman fuzzy headed lettuce seeds (Territorial Seeds, by the way - incase anyone else is looking), and this page also came up:

http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/halloweencostum_sexm.htm

do you think it was a man that came up with these costume suggestions? go as the 'guts of a pumpkin' - yes it is on the list.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Oh, darn. I already received my Territorial order and we had so wanted to try those. Perhaps Windmill will have them on the rack.

The costume suggestions were great. Yep, think it was a man. Who else would come up with the idea of "God's gift to Women?"

(Judi)Portland, OR

Yep - I think it was a man. But not because of God's gift to women - it was the cereal killer that convinced me.

The sun is out! Sorry Laurie! By the way, I miss Tills as well. And Redchic.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

DITTO, Judi on missing Tills and Redchc

Owww, Portland, enjoy some sun for me - get two seats out, sit in one for a bit (thats for you) than in the other (thats for me). It'll work. I'm confident. Thank you.

maybe we could lure them back with promises of dressing in some of these costumes.

Weather was ghastly this morning, went out to get some extra wood for the fire and was literally driven back in (okay, I was still in my jammies, but I had wellies on!) the wind was blowing right into the house from a direction we don't usually get. But it cleared about 2pm this afternoon, and the sky is as placid as it gets - just beautiful - hard to imagine it wasn't like this all day. AND, fingers crossed, the forecast is quite good for the week. (but I am off to London for 3 days - please let it hold for the entire week).

Just saw this - it was bad here, but not this bad. Poor France and Spain

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100228/tts-uk-europe-weather-ca02f96.html

I think part of the problem is the ground is absolutely saturated - there just isn't any way to absorb more.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 5:37 PM

Quote from Laurie1 :

I think part of the problem is the ground is absolutely saturated - there just isn't any way to absorb more.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 5:37 PM

This is terrible! I wonder how Andrew's French family is doing? They live near the coast in Brittany. Laurie, that quote sounds like you live in the PNW. That's what we are generally dealing with and what causes mudslides and flooding almost every year. It's amazing how we escaped that this year.

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

This is a pretty neat news item.

http://www.littleabout.com/news/76032,auspicious-buddhist-flower-blooms-china.html

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

The rain storms and flooding in Western and Southern Europe look extreme. Then there is the Eastern and Midwestern U. S. being buried in snow and frozen with cold temperatures, and I know there are homeless people in those cities. Also there are the recent major earthquakes in this hemisphere. It is getting overwhelming. Rather than mark my donations specifically for one place, I decided to donate to relief organizations without earmark. I figure they know where they need to use it most.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I think that's a good idea, Holly.

More about the Udumbara with a picture:

http://tibetanaltar.blogspot.com/2009/06/udumbara-flowers-and-summer-vacation.html

That is such a nice story to balance out just a bit the horrible news of late. Small things do make a difference.

Not much time for DG tonight. Must get to the sewing machine. I leave you with a chuckle. As if her were not already handsome enough...

Thumbnail by

I have very sad news, my little fox terrier died yesterday afternoon, and I am going to miss him terribly. He was always with me both in the garden and at work. It was a beautiful early spring day, and I tried to get him back home to have one more lie on the grass, in the sun - but we didn't make it. Fortunately, he knew the routine so well that I am sure he knew where we were heading home. I am going to bury him near the greenhouse where he liked to sit on guard. He had a long view of the lane from there and loved to 'ambush' all the other dogs that walked by - he was definately a terrier-torialist!

This message was edited Mar 3, 2010 5:47 AM

(Judi)Portland, OR

Oh Laurie I am so very sad this hear this news. What was his name? It is difficult to lose such a good friend. It sounds like you have chosen the perfect resting spot for him. Sending hugs your way.
Judi

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Laurie, I am so sorry for the loss of your little friend. There is nothing that can be said that comforts when you lose your garden helper... at least you have a place for him to rest where he will still be close. Hugs from me too....

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Laurie, I'm so so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it will be quite awhile before you can garden without seeing his shadow out the corner of your eye. But I'm glad that you were there with him when he went and that he was outside 'helping' you in the garden when his time came. I'm sure he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Aw, Laurie, someone is waiting at the gates of heaven, tail wagging & paws dancing, to ambush .... YOU!

Oh, Laurie, I am so very sorry to hear it! That is a very, very hard loss, to be sure. I know he will always be with you in spirit, and that you will miss him always. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Thanks to all - they do an incredibly empty spot when they go.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

{{HUGS}} Laurie. I loved your term terrior-torialist and can picture him on watch in his favorite spot.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Laurie, I am so very sorry for you. Losing a dear pet is definitely like losing a part of you. I know it will be a long time before your missing him will dim a bit. I still get tears in my eyes every time I pass our pet cemetery. Hugs to you.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hugs for you Laurie and for all our departed furry-faces. They remain in our hearts forever.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

More hugs to you from me. I am so sorry.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

And yet more hugs for (((Laurie))). The loss of a trusty companion like your little terrier just hurts so bad. My heart is with you.

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Hugs and tears Laurie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.