Resizing pictures on DG

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

New thread to continue a discussion of apparent changes to picture size displayed on DG forums. This pic was cropped to 543k from approximately 3.0 meg file size.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

This picture is in the original 2.86meg file size. Normally, reducing the file size decreases the time necessary to both send to and view from DG. I usually just send the unmodified pic and let the DG system reduce it to meet their requirements. I did notice that all pics sent to HIPS for identification must be 100k or less.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Must have been just a glitch on the DG system. Checked some other pics and they are being displayed the same size as before.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Jerry, they've been working on that. I understood they had problems and Dave is helping.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dave said he was moving pictures from one server to another or something like that. Wouldn't be done until early in the week.

Raleigh, NC

I really can't tell the picture quality or size difference from these two examples. My eyes aren't all that great, but I really can't.

Should get my programmer DH to help me here and downsize some of mine. In the past, it did change the quality a LOT.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.