has anyone used surround spray?

Monroe, NY(Zone 6b)

I just bought 25#s of the stuff after hearing how good it was, but I wanted to get feedback from someone who's actually used it. Does it really work?
It's very frustrating not to be able to pick good fruit because of pest damage and by that I mean bugs and disease. I'm trying to stay organic. Sure would be nice to pick a nice ripe apple or peach or whatever and not have to cut out half of the fruit. I appreciate your response.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no clue ... sorry

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Never even heard of it, sorry.

Monroe, NY(Zone 6b)

It's a clay (kayolin) in powder form except that it's superfine, fine enough to block or inhibit very small larvae from doing damage. It's mixed with water and is sprayed on just about any plant. I've read alot about it but really want feedback from someone who has actually used it. Well I'll find out soon enough I guess. Then I'll be the one that someone will be looking for.
Thank you anyway folks.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hey, don't be so hasty!! LOL I think it's what we used, but mixed it with something else.
My hubby is gone to have an MRI but when he gets back i'll ask him if it's the right product. I'm almost positive it is and it worked fairly well if I remember correctly.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok, yes he used it but not by it's self...it was recomended he use this too.
http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=8101 this can be used right up to the day of harvest on fruits and veggies.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Heard of it but never used it.

Monroe, NY(Zone 6b)

pixie, did the fruit come out clean? (no bug damage). The link doesn't say if it's organic or not, of course I could have missed it. I can only dream of finally picking some nice ripe fruit and eating it right off the tree.
What kind of trees did you spray?
Can't wait for summer.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes, we had much better luck with the fruit, we got more than the incects did for a change. But like i said we used both pruducts that summer so i can't say if it was one or a combo of both.

Monroe, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks much, pixie. I'm going to experiment by using surround by itself on some trees and surround with insecticide on others to see if there's a marked difference.
I would prefer surround by itself,because that's what the manufacturer recomends but if a combination works better then that's the way I would go.
Thanks again, pixie

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Your very welcome and good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.