Tea herbs

Lexington, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi,I'm looking for all types of herbs for herbal tea blends,especially anything from the mint family.I do have peppermint but I would appreciate any others.
Anyone interested please look over my have list for trade or I can sase.
Thank You,Daisylou:)

Fruithurst, AL

i will have spearmint kater,littlt twigs are starting to show thanks porsha

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi Daisylou! I have some Lemon Balm seeds, quite viable, have some started right now to replace my old plant. Lemon Balm is from the mint family. So is Monarda (bee balm), and it makes great tea.

Look for anise hyssop, wonderful plant! I have a little seed but plan on using it up 'cause I like it so much.

I like to use mainly mints myself, then throw in a little rosemary, sage, sometimes chamomile (but I don't like it much).

I will trade you the lemon balm for spaghetti squash if you're interested. Aw, heck, maybe I can be persuaded to throw in a small amount of anise hyssop ;-).

Alison

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Spearmint Syrup for Tea--Lemonade--Limeade

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
handful of spearmint sprigs.
Put the sugar and water in saucepan, untill sugar is dissolved, then add the spearmint sprigs, simmer for 15 minutes. Put in refridgerator overnight. Then warm syrup up and strain off the spearmint sprigs. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup syrup to 2 quarts beverage. Very refreshing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.