Looking to set up a few Spring trades...anyone?

Lachine, MI

Ok, I've really got the cabin fever bug...I would like to set up a few trades for in June sometime.
Any takers?
You can go to this link-
www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/muggsey
If your interested, please D-mail or even post here is ok!
I love doing large trades at least a flat rate sized box.
Garden Hugs,
Sandy
I garden just like you do!

Dearborn, MI

Are you talking about kinda of a plant exchange, but via mail? How does it work? Nancy

Lachine, MI

Hi Nancy!
Yes it is through the mail. If you are dividing plants, bulbs, fruit canes so on and so forth( that you would like to share) or perhaps its a plant that dosen't do well for you,
or for any other reason like having a plant addiction-LOL like I do we share!
We discuss what we have to share( I sent you to my list) but you can d-mail me privately to let me know what you have to share( to d-mail me, click on my name)
I can help anyone with how to prepare plants to ship- or you can check out the plant trading forum and you will see stickies there as to how to ship. But since we are shipping within michigan Its alot easier and not so picky.
So basically on my link above I show what I have to trade... and then show what plants I'm looking for. If you have plants that I'm looking for plmk which you have of those. Then If I have plants you want you select from my have list.
So if you offer me 10 varieties of perennials and i choose 8 then you could pick 8 from my list that you want.
The reason i haven't used daves to list all the plants I have to share is because it takes too long to do it- so i cheat and use this other forum and send the link( and its because I'm not to computer smart, i can barely email LOL)

Any other questions?

To re-cap: first, write down plants from my list that you want or copy my list to keep for reference.
Second, make a haves list( what perennials you have to trade) of your own.
3rd, send a d-mail to me letting me know you'd like to share or trade and list your wants from my list( the plants you'd like from me) and also put your haves list in that same email( plants for me to choose from you).
We will email back and forth until we get everything ironed out, like size of divisions, or how many bulbs... and get to know each other. Then we agree on a ship date and touch base until we ship. If something comes up- we need to let one another know.
We send by confirmation using a flat rate box and ship on date agreed upon.
But I will walk anyone through the process..as i was once in all your shoes!
So with this said, any other questions, please ask.
I look forward to sharing!
Garden Hugs!
Sandy

Dearborn, MI

I visited your posting on the garden web and will d mail you. When you say flat rate box, what size and approximately how many plants would that be? Nancy

Lachine, MI

Hi Nancy,
It depends on which size you would like to use. The post office offers(for free) what they call large flat rate that comes either in a tape it together yourself type or a peel and press type you just have to peel and press to put together, this type runs about 11.00 with confirmation labels( these are used for tracking your package)
Then they have a bigger one that you have to tape yourself that runs about $ 13.00 , or maybe about 13.65...something like that.
The first sized box can hold about 8-10 plant divisions-roots as you do not send any soil-
the 2nd sized box holds about 13-15 plants.
Being were from the same state we may also be able to use just the regular priority boxes to save, but as a advance shipper I do reccommend using flat rate as they can be really heavy and the P.O only charges the one fee.
Sometimes more plants can be squeezed in the box-lol
I can tell you its like Christmas if your a plant addict! LOL
Way too fun and alot of times we traders will tuck something in special for the person we are trading with as a surprise! Too much fun!
And with what things cost now-a-days, we need to get the biggest bang for our bucks!
Any other questions...just give a shout!
Sandy

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Sandy, whatcha got to trade ??

Marsha

Lachine, MI

Hi ya Marsha!
Hows the winter treating you? Do you have much snow?
click on the link for GW on the first post to see!
Please let me know, after you check out the link!
Garden hugs!
Sandy

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Sandy
sent you a D-mail a couple days ago.....

Lachine, MI

Sorry Marsha! I have been kinda busy for the last few days- the week long celebration of our wedding anni, valentines day and my birthday-lol
plus dealing with blood tests and doctors... get right back with you now!
Thank you for your patience!
Garden Hugs,
Sandy

Lachine, MI

Craziest thing- computer acting up and made this forum post 3 times ...arrggghhhh-lol
Garden Hugs,
Sandy

This message was edited Feb 15, 2010 8:50 AM

Lachine, MI

Just deleting the same message to Marsha again- sigh.....
Garden Hugs,
Sandy

This message was edited Feb 15, 2010 8:51 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.