looking for 'Arizona Holiday'

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Good evening ladies. I have been looking for an Iris that I got frommy Auntie several years ago, but it died... it's a TB called Arizona Holiday. I have searched all over and have not found it... Any help would be appreciated. It may be another local TB that was never formally introduced. It that's the case, then I may have to schmooze my Auntie into giving or trading for another one.
Here i a picture.. it's the apricot colored one. It had a lovely lavender sheen in the middle of the falls... wish I had a better picture. This one is from 7 years ago.....

Thumbnail by naomimade
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Arizona Holiday was introduced by Durrance in 1988. Have not seen so far where it is available. Still looking.

Good morning Gabriel25, Thank you for the info! May I ask where you found it? I have searched and searched. I am not an AIS member tho....do they have searchable databanks?
thanks again! &;-)

Naomi

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Hello there, naomimade I found the information on AIS iris register website. It is searchable, cost is $10.00 a year. Has information on most all irises registered. Limited on ones from before 1940's I use it all the time, librarian and historian for our club, so do a lot of confirming info.

rose

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

(J. Durrance, R. 1988). Sdlg. 86-37. TB, 36" (91 cm), ML.
Ruffled yellow, tan and purple blend. Mulled Wine X Palmer Leader. Long's Gardens 1988.

This is how it appears on the AIS register check list.

wow, thanks so much Gabriel25... &:-) I appreciate the help.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

you're very welcome..glad to help.

rose

Raleigh, NC

might I add - if Long's garden introduced it for Durrance, then they are are most logical place to start looking for it.

Thanks bonjon... I'll ask them. &:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.