Your best rebloomers in zone 6 or lower

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I am trying to add some good rebloomers. I have a few that are listed as Rebloomers but rarely do. Can you guys help me out?
Thanks,
Teresa in KY

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
South Hamilton, MA

Immortality is very reliable. However it may take a year to get settled. I have also found Pink Attraction to rebloom well, even here where we don't have many rebloomers. For medians; my DD had IB Chanpagne encore bloom from mid Sept to early Dec this yr. on its 3rd yr in the garden. The first 2 yrs it had a stem or 2 rebloom. She lives in mid-northern OH on the lake plain so as a later frost, but it was quite a performance.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Breakers" a TB Schreiner 1986, should do well for you it blooms for me but quite late in the season and I always lose a few stalks to freeze.
"Autumn Embers"- SDB, Chapman 1996 blooms like crazy here. "Blueberry Tart"- SDB, Chapman 2002.
"Casual Elegance"- a TB Aitken 2004,
as MA said above "Immortality"- Zurbrigg 1982 a short TB, and "Pink Attraction"- Hall 87.
"Chatter"- a TB, Ghio 92
"Istanbul"- Byers 89 a TB should for you,
"Peggy Sue"- a TB, L. Lauer 2006 does here,
"Smell The Roses"- SDB Monty Byers 1987,
"Summer Tsunami"- a TB, Nichols 2002,
"Total Recall"- a TB, B. Hager 1992,
"Wizard of Hope"- SDB, Chapman 2001.
Photo of "Autumn Embers".

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

This is a noid someone sent to me in '08. Bloomed first
year '09, dug & potted to save in July and bloomed again
very late. Something like this would be good for a small
rock garden or plot.

First pic 4-26-09.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

11-29-09

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, guys I will need to research some of those.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Rosalie Loving Reblooms in September and again in November as long as it is not too cold

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Royal Maroon Always reblooms producing a great clump due to extra buds in fall

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Silk and Velvet is great

Also reblooming here regularly is
Rosalie Figge
Clarence
Earl of Essex
Moon and Stars
Earth and Sky

Thumbnail by avmoran
Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Total Recall and Earl of Essex will re-bloom sometimes for us. But Clarence has never bloomed, not even sure it's still among the living,

Raleigh, NC

no photos, but my Again and Again rebloomed for almost a month! I couldn't believe it. I'm in zone 7A

Know I'm not in zone 6 and lower, but thought someone might have luck with it in 6b with that long a bloom time!

Bakersfield, CA

I've had great luck with the IB Double Overtime. It's a multiple rebloomer for me, which I really love. And Again and Again has been blooming off and on since Thanksgiving. We do have really mild winters here, and I'm sure that's why. And this year I just got Marty Richards, which presented me with a stalk two months after I planted it. Love that! Summer rebloom is not good here because it gets so hot petals burn, so I'm trying to focus on fall and winter rebloomers. I would appreciate any suggestions for good fall/winter rebloomers, as I'd love to see some color spots on these dreary foggy days!

Raleigh, NC

usually early rebloom in a good indicator that an iris can rebloom at zone 6 and below. The most prolific early rebloomer I've ever had is Double Shot.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks guys, I haven't been posting much. Just busy and working. I am taking notes :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.