ICE!!!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

DH uses a lot of ice in his water or soda. I'm not big on using ice until summertime gets here.

We have lots of mineral deposits in our water so I've never had an icemaker. I buy ice cube trays at the dollar store for 3 or 4 trays for a dollar. When they quit releasing the ice cubes easily, I toss them and get new ones. Not so frugal but cheaper than buying ice.

Lately, the ice cube trays have changed. They are now "stackable" which serves no purpose as I am not dry storing them. When they are filled with water, if they are not stacked correctly, they will collapse into each other, splashing cold water all over me, the counter, the floor. Needless to say I lose my religion.

I am willing to pay more for trays if they come without this aggravation. Tell me what you use and/or how you do it?

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!