Recipes For Using Those Bags Of Frozen Chicken Breasts

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I cook for my 90 year old Father since my Mother passed away last May. He lives alone, and makes his own Brunch-breakfast eaten at lunch time since he likes to sleep in! He can't chew well so I cook things that are very well cooked and easy to chew. He loves crock pot roasts with gravy and mashed potatoes, chicken breasts cooked and cut up with gravy and mashed potatoes. He won't eat sandwiches and tells me that he eats my sloppy joes with the meat on a plate and then eats the bun separately. The same with barbequed ham sandwiches. He will eat casseroles-scalloped potates and ham, one I make with ground meat, Velvetta, noodles, tomato and cream of chicken soup. He loves ham loaf and meatloaf, as well as spaghetti and ravioli. I make home made soups too.

I like using the bagged frozen chicken breasts, but need more ideas of things to make with them that he will be able to eat. Any ideas for me to try besides just cooking them, cutting them up and putting them in gravy? I need to expand our menu a bit. Thanks for your help,
Linda

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!