New 'Seeds Wanted' Thread

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

The other thread was getting too long.

Old thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037549/

This message was edited Feb 7, 2010 6:51 AM

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

...My Seed Want List...

Here is my “DG WANT/WISH LIST” It will take forever to go through http://davesgarden.com/tools/tradelist/manage.php?list=want&...

Anything with the name “Brandy” in the name … :D
Brugmansia – Doubles & Triples or Single orange or yellow (Please no Pink singles-Rcv'd these)
Plumeria - Any...............................................................................Cyclamen
Cape Primrose Streptocarpus – Black Gardenia..........................Bat Flower – Tacca (black or purple)
Tea (the kind one would make tea from).......................................Mountain Tobacco
Daylily............................................................................................Orchid tree – white
Christmas senna...........................................................................Tiger Flower – Tigridia family
Trillium grandiflorum......................................................................Any Carnivorous seeds
Amaryllis except red......................................................................Shrimp plant – yellow
--Ground covers - drought tolerant- Full 95F -Full Sun- Annua / Perennial it doesn;t matter ... =D

******I would really like Dark colors ... Dark Reds, Blues, Purples, Blacks*********
I have developed an allergy to the color pink this year ... lol

The above is odd looking but I couldn't get them 2 columned to preserve space ... lol Sorry for any confusion ....

Please D-mail me :D

Thank you ... :D
Brandy

This message was edited Mar 11, 2010 10:39 AM

Thumbnail by bsgardens
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I've downsized my Wish List thanks to the Dave's Garden members who've traded with me. Here is my new and improved Wish List:

Amberboa muricata
Campanula persicifolia
Echinacea Prairie Splendor or Ruby Star
Lupine-Dwarf except Pink, which I have
Perstemon Electric Blue-Really want these seeds!
Verbascum Southern Charm or other shorter varieties
Zinnia Dreamland

Tomato Chocolate Cherry
Butternut Squash

If you have any of these seeds to share, please D-mail me for my list of available seeds. Thank you for all your help!
Linda

This message was edited Feb 7, 2010 12:34 PM

This message was edited Feb 7, 2010 7:07 PM

This message was edited Feb 9, 2010 3:53 PM

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

bsgardens, I have daylily seeds. D-mail me with your color preferences.

Linda

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Have seeds going out Tuesday to the following:

Onder
Kram
Chan

Please let me know when you get them. Enjoy and post pictures, please!!!!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

My wish list includes white flowers with black centers such as
Nigella African Bride
Oriental Poppy "Royal Wedding"
Susie White Eyes Vine
I know there are Gerberas and Columbines with this combination

Also would like
Anemone coronaria "Mr Fokker" (seeds offered - thank you)
Anemone coronaria "Lord Lieutenant"
Scabiosa "Isaacs House"
Serviceberry tree (Amelanchier canadensis) cuttings (cuttings offered - thank you)
and any kind of cat grass.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2010 5:57 PM

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I might have a few things on your want list - may be a white orchid tree. I'll have to look at my seeds collection and see. Also, I have 4 o'clock. What is broken colors. I have one that is 2 colors, I think pink and yellow.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Want

Porterhouse Tomato
Mortgage Lifter Tomato
Hot Hot Pepper for Grandson

Really Really want:

Early Bird Garden Cucumber experimental fancy green slicer.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2010 10:20 AM

Here is the DG link for the 4 O clock- Broken Colors http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53054/
I wouldn't mind the red ones either 'Red Glow' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54744/
Or the ALba http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/111670/

THe 4 O'clocks are one of my hubbies favorites :D he loves the fragrance especially at night.
He's not much for gardening but he just likes what he likes ... lol ... I guess I'll add these to my list above. Sorry for the chit chat : /

Brandy

I believe mine is something like this:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/116476/

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

This is one of the last postings I made on the old thread and
wanted to transfer this to the new listing.

Rather than individually D-mail each one.
I have seeds the following people have on their Wanted List
if they are still looking.
Jar617
Roseraire
hellnzn11
http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=have&member=Cris316

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

LiliMerci,

I have a few things that you have listed on your want list.
HH Aunt Brownie Figleaf and Black currant Whirl, Klondike Cosmos
as part of a mix (the mix is oranges, peaches & yellows).
Have a few blue balloon flower seeds
and possibly some Asarina Scandens.

Let me know if you are interested in these.

cris316. I am particularly interested in your asarina scanden (twining snapdragon), but I looked at your want list and I do not believe I have anything you want.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Lili,

Chose what you'd like & just send SASE.

Cris

Lindenhurst, NY

HI, i would love:

Sunflower Lemon Queen
Sunflower Peredovik
Cuke Diva
Ramdor Pole bean (yellow)
Emerite Pole bean
Squash: Costata Romanesco
I only need a few each of the veggies as my garden is not large.
I have loads of different seeds from salvias to echinacea to cypress vine, vigna caracalla, etc. If you have any seeds I'm looking for I will list everything I have to offer from veggies to flowers.
thank you for looking:-)

ok cris, I am dmailing you. Oh, can I have a few Klondike Cosmos too? thanks so much.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2010 10:34 PM

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sure Lili :)

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi maureenpm00,
I don't have anything on your list, but I'd love to get some Vigna caracalla.
I've got Yellow Gailardia and Yellow Trumpet vine and Yellow Hibiscus manihot ( notice a theme there?) and Blue Butterfly Pea vine if you'd be interested in any of those.
mj

Lindenhurst, NY

HI Mjsponies - hi, i would be glad to send you a couple for postage. I had very good germination with mine after i nicked the seeds then soaked in water for a couple days. I have mine growing for the winter in my windowsill right now. I love this vine.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Great, how much and where to send? D-mail me with the info.
Thank you so much ! whoo hoo !

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 6:34 PM

Lindenhurst, NY

i'll dmail you.

Columbus, OH

bsgardens, I dmailed you, I have the Mirabilis Broken Colors, too. It's not hardy here, I have to save seed every year. You have an amazing want list! Often, I find that as I go through other people's want lists, I find things I want, yours is no exception, LOL.

Wants:
Nigella Transformer
Nigella Exotic
Bauhinia--anything red, pink or purple and likely to grow in a pot
Aristolochia other than A. elegans
Fragrant plants
Love in a Puff vine
Asarina "Joan Lorraine"
Papaver s. "Lauren's Grape"
Papaver s. "Heirloom"
Papaver-any lacinata, I'm easy
Aloes or succulents
Weird plants, I'm weird, they're perfect for me

Lyles, TN

I'm wierd too!!

I like:
Ancho/Pobano peppers
Zucinni squash
Petunias (wave or super)
Dragons blood
Lemon thyme
German thyme
Summer savory

Celene -- I have aloe vera plant that is putting of many small shoots.
If you have any coleus or hosta i'll figure out how to get you an aloe plant

Columbus, OH

I have aloe vera, and walking aloe, but thank you so much...ask me in the summer about coleus, I'll have a gazillion of them :) 'm sure we'll work something out.

Lyles, TN

Thank you bsgardens. I appreciate the trade!

Thank you Fancher!! I enjoyed the trade :D

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Bumping up

Lindenhurst, NY

HI - anyone have:

German Red Strawberry
Emerite pole bean?

Dundee, IL

Maureenpm00

you have d-mail ;)

I hope you all realize that seeds that are hybrids (which many above are) do not come true from seed when they are bee pollinated/garden grown.

I personally don't mind hybrids ... If I want a "true" I'll go straight to a seed company =D I actually enjoy most hybrids ... I did a few plants that are not hybrids that stayed inside and which were come to find out bee pollinated ... lol ...
I actually had wood bees living in a leg of a table my hubby built me and one day I saw one flying around the office room, flying from one flower to the next ... next thing I know I see this bee return to the hole (neither my hubby nor I had noticed before bringing it inside) there were 4 of them living in there. lol ...

bsgarden,
I don't mind hybrids either. Actually I enjoy sowing them to see what I get, especially daylilies and iris seeds that I collected in 2009 and sowed this winter. However, many gardener do want specific plants and may not get them

Interesting about the bee living in a leg of the tabel, LOL!! Speaking of crowded quarters.

With the DL and Iris' seeds ... this is my first year with the seed end of them ... did you sow them the same you would any other seed?

LOL ... it was pretty wild to see ... I just left them alone ... lol .. they eventually moved out through a window that I had taken the screen out of ... lol

Brandy

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Salvia africana-lutea

P

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Anyone have extras of Angelonia?
Only have 2 sprouting in the trays & no more seeds :(

Thanks

Cris

Cris,
is that the willow leaf Willowleaf Angelonia - Angelonia salicariifolia - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/67925/
or the Summer Snapdragon, Angel Flower -Angelonia angustifolia -http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/38284/
type?

I do have a summer snap dragon that I've had for years ... I'll look through my seeds and see if I have any .. I'll d-mail if I have any =D

Brandy

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Wanted:Capsicum annuum var.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Brandy, Its the summer snapdragon. If you have it & since you're
after me in the RR we could do a swap instead for the items I've
already set aside for you.

Let me know,
Cris

Shepherdsville, KY

...My Want List...

Hollyhock 'Happy Lights'
Hollyhock 'Summer Carnival Rosy Red'
Elephant Foot Yam
Tail Flower Anthurium 'Alabama'
Brugmansia 'Bad Angel'
Brugmansia 'Lovely Lady'
Brugmansia 'Miss January'
Brugmansia 'Shooting Star'
Crepe Ginger
Heliconia
Pink Torch Ginger
Gaura Flower Seeds
Pink Jasmine Flower Vine
Plumeria
Miranda elephant ear

bsgardens
No Daylily and Iris seeds require different methods compared to other perennials.

The Daylily seeds I soak overnight in handhot water. Then place in a moist paper towel inserted in a baggie. It goes into the fridge for 3 week of cold moist stratification. Often they will begin to sprout in the fridge, if not, they will when remove to room temp.

Iris seeds are best WS. They need the fluntuating winter temperature outdoors to sprout. I first soak them in water for 6 weeks, changing the water daily to remove the germination inhibitor that coats the seeds. The seeds are currently sown in a plastic shoe box that is placed on the north side of my house until they sprout with warmer weather.

Here are my daylilies under light taken March 3, 10. They sprouted in moist paper towel show in my above post.

Thumbnail by

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.