SNAPDRAGONS FOR 2010 - WHOSE IN #3

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

We came from here.....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1066795/

Lousy photo, but you get the idea of color!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I dont know what that snap is, it was ont of those I got last year in the $2 flat sale! It has a tad of yellow on the lips andhas turned this lovely deeper red salmon!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

It's good some color alright. Super bright compared to the snow y'all got on the ground. See, the ground hog was right. The ground hog was right!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I never put faith into an animal that undermines the ground I walk on. I got bulbs that are 5 inches tall in one part of the garden so spring is just around the corner.

Today we got sun, snow on the ground and a fire in the furnace. No worries.

(Zone 6a)

Today we got lots of sun, no snow and its freeeezing cold out!

I won't tell ya what the weather is here. You might not like it. LOL

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

HA-rumph!

Send him south!!! Send him south!!! Before its too late.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Escapee of yern?

Nope. Jaws is still outside and fenced in and safe and sound

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine's sleeping under a rock!

LOL. I think there's a word for that. Hibernation

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, my weathers a snap! RRR!

(Zone 6a)

Your snaps look pretty good Blossom!! Is that a sunny I see behind them?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

nah, its a rogue 4clock.. guess I better weed that poor thing out of there. Its pretty leggy!

(Zone 6a)

no no, keep it! Earlier blooms this summer! It'll fill out once its outside.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I still have to yanker out of the pot to transplant it! It cant stay in the pot it strayed in! Besides that I am gonna have a ton of 4clocks this summer, I have literaly a cup of seed!

(Zone 6a)

If you keep it you'll probably get June blooms! It'll be massive!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, We shall see, I gotta get potting soil.... told 6'2" can the dozen roses for sweeties day and get me some dirt! And a bag of M & M's! and maybe a pack of seed!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I got the dirt....Im waiting........MMMM

(Zone 6a)

I need to get some dirt too. I wish someone would buy it for me!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I got the seed packets! LOL!

Hmmm.. quite a few of....

Lobelia
watermelon
gypsophilia
larkspur
snapdragon
a rainbo pak of sunflower
helichrysum
phlox
sweet william

Still waiting on the MMMM!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I get to re-sow my Bronze Dragons and Brighton Rocks...finally threw out the BR yesterday..done in by that fungus. But on the bright side the Frosted Flames are doing great and I hope to start setting them outside for wee stretches and fertilizing in the next or so.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well if I was you P,
I would wait a bit on
the weather.. looks like
another blast of cold
cumin yer way on a hook.
Looks like old man winter and
new baby spring are knocking
heads for a bit.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

We got some of it around 4 pm. It was snowing and raining at the same time.Can't sow any more now because I'm out of ponies and soft sided 4's that won't be here until first of the month.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I got the potting soil.. its froze. Need ta bring a bag into the laundry room.. defrost it and clean up the plant stands first befor I get sowing. Need to prune the baby solid green baby sunroses... too bad I will be chucking those cuttings.. but they got leggy since I missed the last cutting. And I can wait on them to revitalize.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm surprised even with cock-a-mammy weather that I find newly sprouting seeds almost every day in the un-heated greenhouse

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

MY GPS is dry.. I have a rose in there I am wondering if I should not put some water to it.. but it will freeze.

I dont want to start waking things up just yet.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I need to fert the snaps,pansies and violas

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!.. For a moment there I thought that read PHART...dang blurry eyeballs this morn...

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh you nasty....LOL

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No nasties are on another thread.. Nasties are still in the seed pak. here. thank you very much! LOL!

My pansies are outside.. they are under snow. I started some snaps, they croakeddedded. GOnna wait now again.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

BB...LOL

Got potting mix(supplies to be mixed)but no ponies or 4's yet. I should contact Park and tell them to go ahead and ship instead of waiting till the first but I still have major work to do in the GH/nursery to free up some bench space.

I'm sending you a belated V Day package.Mailing today.Even included something for your NFH.

P

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Beleive it or not, I got you a Christmas pressy.. was gonna wait on sending it, but will send with the sunroses when I get them ready. Still making cuttings. Been sitting on my desk here starring me in the face for days bugging me!

Hmmm Al Capone day gift for mooo-wah? LOL! Gotta love that guy....rat tat tat! What a work of art he was.. Um key werd.. was! Hoping me gifty goes rat-tat-tat- tat! LOL! Loved the cars of that era! Im still enjoying the prize you sent me last time! Dump- di dum- di dumpity dump! Yours just kinda sits there and stares.. its kinda funky! But I know you will like it.

Was thinking to tell Shurm to put it under lock and key undtil Christmas to see how much will power you had in not opening it.. but.... well, ..yano how that goes youd probbaly club him.

Thanking you kindly in advance.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Ooooo,Imust ahve been a real bad gurl this year to have Santa hold up my Xmas present like that.*G*

It's not that much just something funny to make you smile and brighten your day. Please don't post pictures when you get it...we'd get kick out of Dave's Garden if you do.*BEG* Slightly baudy...open at your own risk.*wink-wink,nug-nug,know what I mean*(for all you Monty Python fans)

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awwww shuks, taint no OZEE then tis it! How bout a 00-6?

LOL!!! Ooooooo

Ok..!

No pix...

And no, yern was not held up, it was early for this year..! LOL! YOu can show us later when you get it! Its not tooooo naught. I mean it aint no pepper or body part, but sumthin I am pretty sure you will enjoy! Um it is kind of "horny" though....

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

dirty ole woman

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I garden, therefore I am!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes...indeedy-do!

Well,pretty good day today. Warm in the greenhouse so I'm doing some more cleaning and re-arranging. THe shear volume of plants to be divided and re-potted in staggering(not to mention the gazillon trays of new seedlings popping up from this yearsWS). I may have to take up some my garden club member offer to help for payment of plants....and I said I was going to start down-sizing...?....LOL

Trimmed up the mints,all of which are starting send up new little sprigs. I carry about 15-16 flavors but top sellers are still,peppermint,spearmint and Kentucy Colonial(mm-mm..smells like Juicy Fruit gum)....although people were intrigued with the oregano-thyme scented mint and they were an ok seller last year.

just came in grab a bite...gotta get back to the GH

This message was edited Feb 18, 2010 5:17 AM

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Baaad news, yer chocolate mint here croaked,, but good news is is that I got more... so will just divide a clump later when the thyme comes.

I need to prune impatiens again.. dang, I just did them..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.