Day late...Dollar short!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,I piddled around so long making my selection for Blue J order(finalized yesterday) that I missed the 40-50% off sale(Ended Feb.1). ARGH! Guess I'll just see how the market goes this year and try again next year.

Peggy

Raleigh, NC

Peggy can I suggest something?

Blue J tends to have the same plants every year. They pretty much don't take them off there. They do add new ones, but not many. Also, their prices vary just a wee bit year to year. Usually in increments of $1. If you liked something this year, and they raise all their prices, it may go up by $1. Or, as the intro gets "older," it may go down by $1.

These factors make them a very easy vendor from whom to pre-plan purchases.

So if you are really truly interested in next year? Make your list NOW of your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices. Print it out and keep it somewhere handy. Or add it to your Blackberry. If you purchase a particular iris somewhere else during the year, mark it off the list.

Next December review it. You may find your interests change. You may see an iris somewhere and decide you don't like it. Or see one you nixed from photos only to discover it's breathtaking, a MUST have. Or see one you like better.

Check their website the end of December when they start updating it. Be ready on Jan. 1st with your list and your intended order.

for now..... go check out the vendors listed on
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1069914/

I don't know of any vendors listed here that I would not buy from.

Irises are like diamonds. I like most all I see and there's only so much $$ to buy them with. Nor do I have the places to wear them.....
I mean plant them... LOL so I have to plan ahead. Besides, I'm a penny pincher extradinaire.

Kansas City, MO

That's strange. I read it that those discounts start Feb 1st.

K

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

BigRed,

As Irisawe said, it's AFTER Feb 1st! :)
Here's a link to the copy of their order form...
http://www.bluejiris.com/order.htm

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oooooohhhh! Well,guess I need to go back to class and learn to read all over again....LOL

Raleigh, NC

LOL

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

well it says 50% off on orders over $500 unless *I* can't read lol

I think the discounts are kind of proportional to the $ amount you order.
It also said something about ordering in groups of 3 to get the 40 or 50% discount. I'm not sure what that means,? 3 of each variety that you order, I guess. Why would you want 3 of the same of everything?!

Raleigh, NC

a great many folks want a more instant clump. Planting 3 at once tends to give you that. I can wait - I like to spend my $ on more variety. But now I also need those more instant clumps for crossing with.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I buy the majority to pot up for farmer's market sales but some do wind up in my yard.

Well,after reveiwing my cc statements and factoring in shipments of hydrangeas and pots arriving first of Mrach,looks like they'll have to go on hold for a bit. DANG!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.